V

vperino

Audiophyte
My questions are, is the down firing or front firing sub better for a carpeted floor.
My reciever has the sub output, which is better for responce, LFE or line.
I bid all of you a profitable week and want to thank you for your time and effort.
Vance

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
My questions are, is the down firing or front firing sub better for a carpeted floor.
My reciever has the sub output, which is better for responce, LFE or line.
I bid all of you a profitable week and want to thank you for your time and effort.
Vance
Better for what? Each will be fine on carpet, as long as the DF has clearance off of the floor. There are many variations of the two subs you mention, ported, sealed, cylinder, etc.

Tell us what you are using the sub for, Home Theater? 2.1 channel listening for music? How big is your room? What is your budget? The more details you share the better someone can help.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Given the choice, using the LFE out is better than line level on a HT receiver because the receiver handles the x-over this way. Line level means you need to manually adjust the sub's x-over to blend with your mains, unless that is what you are looking to do.

Down firing will make a slight difference in sound, but with a good sub, down vs front/side isn't one of the primary factors I would use to decide on which sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis