B

bballfolife86

Audiophyte
My home theater sub has stopped working. When I plug it in, the power light comes on. I took the back of the sub apart and inspected the circuit boards. I noticed that the fuse was blown so I replaced it. When i went to connect the boards back to the speaker wire, the fuse blew again. What is my problem?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like a problem with the amp. for a more exact diagnosis, you'll need to take it to a technician who repairs this stuff. If it's more than replacing a fuse, it's beyond user servicable.

Have you contacted the manufacturer for at least a list of authorized and/or knowledgable techs? Sometimes their web site is helpful.

P.S. I do NOT recommend replacing the fuse with one with higher ratings.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My home theater sub has stopped working. When I plug it in, the power light comes on. I took the back of the sub apart and inspected the circuit boards. I noticed that the fuse was blown so I replaced it. When i went to connect the boards back to the speaker wire, the fuse blew again. What is my problem?
It will be a major fault. Only replace a fuse once. Never use a fuse of a higher rating. Yes, this is not a user serviceable problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis