Enthusiast
I'm Looking For Opinions About Jbl, Klipsch, Velodyne And Boston Acoustics Subwoofers On Quality And Sound.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Velodyne is a subwoofer (only) company ... so they're pretty good at what they do.

JBL provides some good entry level subwoofers that are affordable.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actually Velo did make one small sub/sat package, which I believe is discontinued now.

Of the ones you listed, Velo would probably be the first that I'd listen to. JBL wouldn't be part of the list either, at least not their normal consumer level subs.

What's your budget and how big is your room?

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Unless you're limited to only those manufacturers and certain models, there may be better valued offerings available to you.

If you can tell us how you'd like to use it (listening preferences, listening environment, room size, budget, etc.), we might be able to offer some suggestions... -TD

TheLaw

TheLaw

Junior Audioholic
Out of that group I would have to choose Klipsch or Velodyne, but depending on your budget you could also find great offerings from other manufacturers (HSU and SVS). As stated earlier, provide us your needs, wants, and tastes, and we can probably be of more assistance.

Enthusiast
Hi. I'm using the yamaha rxv2600 reciver and my room is 13' by 10'. I know its kinda small but I'm looking for a 12" sub that I can turn up the volume with minimal distortion and clear tight bass. I'm looking at the JBL Studios series sub, Klipsch SUB 12 and Boston Acoustics PV700, Velodyne in general:cool: .

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I would still take a Velodyne over those other brands you listed. And I would take an SVS or HSU sub over a Velodyne.

That said, your room is quite small. Don't tell us how big of a driver you want, tell us how low you want the subwoofer to play.

SheepStar

TheLaw

TheLaw

Junior Audioholic
2891966 said:
Hi. I'm using the yamaha rxv2600 reciver and my room is 13' by 10'. I know its kinda small but I'm looking for a 12" sub that I can turn up the volume with minimal distortion and clear tight bass. I'm looking at the JBL Studios series sub, Klipsch SUB 12 and Boston Acoustics PV700, Velodyne in general:cool: .
It sounds like you want big bass. For that size room I would recommend either an SVS PB12 ISD for $600 or the SVS pci 25-31 for $550. I have the pci and absolutely love it. My room is approx. 17X28 and with the gain half way up it will shake the couch. :cool:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the JBL studio series sub is pretty expensive for the performance ...
I think similar priced are:
Velodyne DLS5000-R
Velodyne DLS4000-R x 2
Yamaha YST-1500 x 1.5 :)
or if you don't mind buying sight unseen ...
SVS models that fall in your budget will be good, no lower than Axiom EP500 (this one with trial period)

I would love to have a room your size. just about any 12" sub will pummel you into bass nirvana

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Budget?

2891966 said:
One last question. What's your budget for the sub? I could assume your price range from the models you've listed, but I'd rather hear it straight from you, for obvious (see loose definition of assume) reasons... :D -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis