Subwoofer In a Cabinet?

C

ChrisDehmer

Audiophyte
I have been asked by a client to design and build a cabinet that will house the family's entertainment center which includes a subwoofer. They would like to hide the subwoofer from view if possible. This new cabinet is going to sit in the corner but placing the sub behind the cabinet would push the cabinet into the room more than desired. The only 2 ideas that I have at the moment are to either place the subwoofer inside the cabinet, or place the sub in the corner and build the cabinet so that it would go over and in front of the cabinet. The first idea would put the sub behind a cabinet door, the second would leave about half of the unit exposed towards the corner. It seems like the second is the better idea to me but I am no audiophile. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have been asked by a client to design and build a cabinet that will house the family's entertainment center which includes a subwoofer. They would like to hide the subwoofer from view if possible. This new cabinet is going to sit in the corner but placing the sub behind the cabinet would push the cabinet into the room more than desired. The only 2 ideas that I have at the moment are to either place the subwoofer inside the cabinet, or place the sub in the corner and build the cabinet so that it would go over and in front of the cabinet. The first idea would put the sub behind a cabinet door, the second would leave about half of the unit exposed towards the corner. It seems like the second is the better idea to me but I am no audiophile. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Are you putting an existing sub into the cabinet or are you building the subwoofer's Cabinet as well?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis