Subwoofer hum/buzz when bluray is off

Serge

Serge

Audiophyte
Your speaker outputs on that br/amp unit are high level or speaker level; low level or line level output I don't see. Your sub only has low level/line level inputs. You shouldn't use that br/amp thing with the active sub, it's meant to be used with a passive sub.
What will happen if I still use my active sub with my BR? Like I said before my "passive" sub doesn't have the "boom" that my active has no mater what level I set it in the speaker settings. I have put an on-off switch so that I can keep my rca plugged in and stop the buzz.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What will happen if I still use my active sub with my BR? Like I said before my "passive" sub doesn't have the "boom" that my active has no mater what level I set it in the speaker settings. I have put an on-off switch so that I can keep my rca plugged in and stop the buzz.
I don't even know how it works using the high level output from your br/amp unit to the active sub as that is something I've never even thought to try as it's not a good idea....are you using a high level to low level converter you haven't mentioned?

Serge

Serge

Audiophyte
I don't even know how it works using the high level output from your br/amp unit to the active sub as that is something I've never even thought to try as it's not a good idea....are you using a high level to low level converter you haven't mentioned?
Nope not even (converter) it just works but when the BR is on all is good no buzz no hum and just great bass!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis