Subwoofer help setup Kef sub to dennon amp

N

Neil Cameron

Audiophyte
I need help with my KEF PSW 2010 connected to my Dennon avr 2300w as my dennon is not picking up my sub??

I have gone through the setup process and allowed the amp to test each speaker so it makes a noise. All speakers do except the sub. I also gone through the config setup (where you plug in a mic) and the system picks up all speakers except the sub?

A few things I have done

1. I have connected the sub to my dennon using connection 1 and 2.
2. I currently have my wire connected to left line in (I've checked line in right, high pass output left and high pass output right one but still nothing)
3 replaced wire

I know power is going to amp as light is on. Input level, crossover frequency phase adjust are set in the middle but have tried it at max.

Ground is set to input. Slope is set to 24dB

I believe I missing something. Any ideas.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you have your speakers set to large? Have you run Audyssey yet?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I need help with my KEF PSW 2010 connected to my Dennon avr 2300w as my dennon is not picking up my sub??

I have gone through the setup process and allowed the amp to test each speaker so it makes a noise. All speakers do except the sub. I also gone through the config setup (where you plug in a mic) and the system picks up all speakers except the sub?

A few things I have done

1. I have connected the sub to my dennon using connection 1 and 2.
2. I currently have my wire connected to left line in (I've checked line in right, high pass output left and high pass output right one but still nothing)
3 replaced wire

I know power is going to amp as light is on. Input level, crossover frequency phase adjust are set in the middle but have tried it at max.

Ground is set to input. Slope is set to 24dB

I believe I missing something. Any ideas.
Connect a CD player to the sub input. If you don't hear any thing the sub is dead.

If you hear sound but when reconnecting to the receiver, you don't hear the test tones from the sub, the receiver has a problem as long has you have said yes to sub in the speaker set up menu.

N

Neil Cameron

Audiophyte
Connect a CD player to the sub input. If you don't hear any thing the sub is dead.

If you hear sound but when reconnecting to the receiver, you don't hear the test tones from the sub, the receiver has a problem as long has you have said yes to sub in the speaker set up menu.
How would I do that

N

Neil Cameron

Audiophyte
Do you have your speakers set to large? Have you run Audyssey yet?
Ran Audyssey sub didn't find it. Audussey has said front are large, centre small surround small

N

Neil Cameron

Audiophyte
Forgot to say it's a brand new amp so I wouldn't think is a problem there. It's either the sub or me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ran Audyssey sub didn't find it. Audussey has said front are large, centre small surround small
So it never checked sub level in the beginning of the Audyssey routine? The Audyssey routine varies with avr/manufacturer's implementation, too; my avrs with Audyssey have you adjust the level of the sub with the microphone for a specific dB level before starting the speaker routine, yours doesn't do this? Can you go into manual speaker setup under speaker configuration and set the sub on (or number of subs)?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
How would I do that
You just take and RCA cable and connect it to the LFE in or the left input. You can use either the left of right output of the CD player for this test. You should hear sound from the sub, if not it is dead despite the light being on.

If the sub works, go to your manual speaker set up menu. Make sure the sub us selected in the set up menu. In other world click sub yes.

Now play the test tones manually. If there is no sound from the sub the receiver is faulty. The fact the sub is new cuts no ice with me. There are receivers aplenty with problems right out of the box.

Since this is a Denon, it may have an issue that some Denon/Marantz units have. They send no sound to the sub if you are only using two channel. I have a Marantz unit that has that problem. Marantz admit to the bug but have never fixed it. Their excuse is lack of funds and staff to devote to the problem. Now they have been sold things might improve. The work around is to use at least 3.1. If you add a speaker or speakers in addition to the left and right then the sub works.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis