C

Cyber

Audiophyte
Hi guys, need help deciding on what sub to get. Narrowed it down to HSU ULS-15 or the SVS SB13 ULTRA.
I'm in Canada so the Hsu will cost me $1480 all in. A new Svs will cost me $1980, however I can get one that's just under a year old for $1500. I believe the warranty is transferable.

There is a distributor for Svs in Canada so any warranty issues can be dealt with here. My dilemma with the Hsu is that I would have to pay shipping both ways if something went wrong with the sub. Hsu did say that if something went wrong that I might only have to return the part of the sub that was causing the problem, which would save me on shipping costs.

Any thoughts or suggestions on which way I should go? Which unit might be better?

3000 cuft room with in ceiling speakers. HT60% Music40%

And no, I do not want a ported behemoth! WAF!

Thanks

B

Basshead81

Audioholic
SB13 would be my choice, however I would not expect big output in the lower octaves with a small sealed sub in that size of room. Might consider a second down the road.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
AFAIK, the SB13 and ULS-15 are roughly comparable in overall performance, and both companies have a reputation for delivering good customer support. If you need a tipping point, the matter of ease/cost of service seems as good as any. I'll also toss in a homegrown option to consider:
18.0C Subwoofer - Funk Audio
and measurements.

C

Cyber

Audiophyte
Thanks Steve, but those Funks are out of my price range.

H

hydrovac

Enthusiast
SVS is a wonderful sub woofer. My personal experience

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
No bad options here. I would also see what a Rythmik would cost to get up to Canada.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
+1 on the Rythmik. I also live in Canada and got a good deal from Rythmik which included paying for part of the shipping. Brian Ding and Eurico from Rythmik are great people to deal with and very helpful.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis