Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
SPL and Roommate - Face of Horror If you enjoyed the last one I posted, Crux, you will probably like this. This tune is the sound of a low-tempo, low-frequency, looming, lumbering monstrosity. A great tune to crank hard, it is a bruiser, this is real subwoofer candy.
shadyj
I enjoyed this one. I went to the closest download site and ponied up $2 for an AIFF download. I'm building a playlist for bottom thumpers. I can't compete in subwoofer prowess (all I have is a Klipsch) with real subs, but, this stuff simply sounds impressive no matter what you're running. Keep those foggy bottom tunes coming.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Glad you enjoyed that one Buck! I have a really killer tune lined up for tomorrow, I hope you will enjoy that one as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Reposting this one for Buck to play with. Plus it's just plain badass.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ewun - Screw Up All time classic drum'n'bass track. One of my all time favs of the genre. Can't believe 10 years has passed since its release. It still sounds as new and ferocious as ever. Might not be to everyone's taste here, but if you like it, you will have an overwhelming urge to crank the volume. This tune is great to run the subs extra hot with.

I guess I should say it has bad words and is definitely not work safe. Probably not a good idea to play this with kids around.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I think for spectrum visualizer, we need a complete sound file, not a streaming file. I am not sure that spectrum visualizer can handle streaming? Someone correct me if I am wrong about that.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I think for spectrum visualizer, we need a complete sound file, not a streaming file. I am not sure that spectrum visualizer can handle streaming? Someone correct me if I am wrong about that.
It can't, or at least I haven't been able to make it work. Some sound cards have a "what you hear" input device you can use to record speaker output in realtime, and S.V. does have a record function. Others might have more luck than I've had, depending on their hardware.

But it's easy enough to rip a YouTube video and convert it to MP3 or FLAC or similar.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Nero - Innocence Perhaps this one is a little cheesy compared to most other tunes I have in this thread, but damned if I don't love it. Great bass line, great drops, cool video.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Daft Punk - Give Life Back To Music is a funk disco groove with some serious stank. I'm contributing here because the kick drum is tuned satisfyingly low and can pressurize your ear canals on the driving beat with adequate subwoofage. The track features Daft Punk's signature vocoder vocals, and the rhythm guitar will make you want to smack yo mamma. I dare you not to bob your head.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai

shadyj and pogre
Here's what I get when I do Punchline in spectrum visualizer. It looks like what the song sounds like. I suppose that's a good sign. Pogre, I did indeed enjoy this tune. For me, just having bass thumps and bumps doesn't qualify as a keeper for my big bass playlist. The song has to be at least listenable too. This one was pretty good. Its going in the playlist.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Nero - Innocence Perhaps this one is a little cheesy compared to most other tunes I have in this thread, but damned if I don't love it. Great bass line, great drops, cool video.
shadyj
I enjoyed the cheese ! I downloaded my own copy and added it to my playlist.
It thumps and sounds good as well. Interesting spectrum as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
shadyj and pogre
Here's what I get when I do Punchline in spectrum visualizer. It looks like what the song sounds like. I suppose that's a good sign. Pogre, I did indeed enjoy this tune. For me, just having bass thumps and bumps doesn't qualify as a keeper for my big bass playlist. The song has to be at least listenable too. This one was pretty good. Its going in the playlist.
Yeah, that looks a lot more like what I'd expect from that song. It's my favorite deep bass, crank it up for fun song.

Looks good to me Buck!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
shadyj and pogre
Huh. I'm getting the same thing as you today. Yesterday whatever song I downloaded was apparently not this. Weird. Wonder if I grabbed a different song named Punchline? Apparently I can't computer.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
shadyj and pogre
Well... mine looks different, but I got the same basic pattern going.

Bass Spectrogram.png

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Well... mine looks different, but I got the same basic pattern going.
yours and mine are the same . what's different is the x axis : I stretched out the x axis to show more detail.
I also eliminated frequecies below and above a certain range so the graph filled the frame more completely. And the exact timeslice may have differed. But other than adjusting visual dimensions, we have the same measurements.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
pogre & shadyj

Not every tune with a good bottom is a synthesizer/drum monstrosity that has the low bass but not much of a musical side or a good tune. I like jazz and some of my jazz selections drag an anchor pretty close to the bottom of the musical ability to produce low bass. Here's one that's a good tune to listen to and it gets down there on the bass guitar and organ. Mid 20hz range. It's also a good song to boot.

RICHARD ELLIOTT WHO?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Daft Punk - Give Life Back To Music is a funk disco groove with some serious stank. I'm contributing here because the kick drum is tuned satisfyingly low and can pressurize your ear canals on the driving beat with adequate subwoofage. The track features Daft Punk's signature vocoder vocals, and the rhythm guitar will make you want to smack yo mamma. I dare you not to bob your head.

I'm not huge on the disco vibe, but you're right. There's some legit bass on this track.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Once I'm done spraying my house, I can't wait to check these new ones.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Here's an old school jungle track: Adam F - Circles. It features a traditional Amen break percussion and 808 bass melody line. Great stuff for chilling or for motivation to do house work. The deep bass doesn't start till later in the song, so be patient.

In a similar vein, another of my all-time favorite jungle tracks is Aquasky - Opaque. Again, the Amen break is the source of the drums, and the 808 bass handles the melody. This chart doesn't dig as deep as Circles, but it's still a great one to savor while you empty your mind.

Last one for today is the DJ Aphrodite Remix of "I Got 5 On It" by Luniz. Like Opaque, the track doesn't plumb the depths of the subwoofer range, but I include it as a part of the soundtrack of my life. This mix is a bit less mellow than the previous two, yet still worthy of inclusion in the same playlist for its Amen rhythm track and bass-driven melody. As an historical artifact, this dub serves as an example of a precursor to the dissonant edge employed by more modern dubstep, while still maintaining enough modal consonance not to be judged as experimental. Think of it as a bit of seasoning for your meal.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some Korn. Blind

This is from about 25 - 30 seconds in, with a bass string pluck in the middle of the graph and I don't understand... it's showing a lot of activity in the 20hz and infrasonic range, but I'm not feeling/hearing anything and the subs aren't moving at all. It's like that for the whole first 30 seconds or more.

Blind - Beginning.png

Here's a graph with some more bass drops a little later in the song. The infrasonic activity shown on the chart just stops short, as you can see to the left.

Blind - Bass Drops.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis