killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Kelly Lee Owens. Some good subs throughout the album. Here especially.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Here is another one form Lorn with an amazing video too - Anvil. Not a continuous bottom dweller in terns of low frequencies, but nice bass, and more importantly, just a good tune with a haunting melody and melancholy video.

I've been way out of the techno (yup I still call it that. Been listening since the kid 90s so there) and I really like this style. Subtle, but cool.

Not very comparable bit one of my favorites is crystal method Vegas. If that gives any insight into my taste in edm.

High roller was my go to Bass test back in the day. Still is to an extent.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Technical Itch - Your Last Hours. A mean old ruffian of a tune from 2008, which has to be some kind of golden year for D'n'B. Nice bass line which changes up the rhythm here and there, and great to run the subs hot on. Just a beastly song.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is spectrogram of that SZA tune. Fundamental of the bassline lies in the mid to upper 30's. Relatively deep bass for an R'n'B tune.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Admittedly synth bass, yet...
A piece of regional pop history. The first dark synth around. Leave it on at least until 4th min. or skip to it.

No comment:

And an underdog:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Telepathe - Trilogy. I have liked about everything Telepathe has done that I have heard so far ever since I discovered them. I am not quite sure how to categorize their music as a genre, and maybe that serves as a compliment to their creativity. It is kind of like pop music, I guess, but not the kind you hear on the radio. Here is a track with some subwoofer fun with a strong bassline that bounces back and forth from 50 Hz to 80 Hz. If you like this, check out their entire catalog, it is all quite good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Admittedly synth bass, yet...
A piece of regional pop history. The first dark synth around. Leave it on at least until 4th min. or skip to it.

No comment:

And an underdog:
I graphed the one, 'Pray For Rain'. It was the deepest of the 3.
Pray For Rain.png

This one section of the song got a little lively.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a tune that brings me back to my late teens/ early 20's: Bad Matter - Blood for Blood (Panacea remix). This is the type of tune that would have got me going back then, hardcore rave music with a breakbeat, and I still like this sound- it ain't the most sophisticated music, in fact, it's pretty braindead, but I don't care what anyone thinks! You all can 'mature' your music tastes if you have to and listen to crap that has stuff like 'melody' and 'harmony' and 'soul,' but I will stay young and dumb forever, thank you very much! It doesn't have a huge amount of low frequency content, but a nice punchy bassline at 50 Hz. Crank it loud!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something to scare the neighbors: Allseits - Hel. An ambient piece with no percussion or conventional tempo, merely a thick, brooding sound 'space.' This will keep the subs busy with its rich harmonic structure in bass frequencies, with fundamental at 25 Hz, but with strong harmonics at the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, 5th, 6th, and 8th orders. Note the expanded frequency range of this spectrogram out to 230 Hz. This recording has lots of bass. It is not for casual listening though.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
You guys got anything in the 10-30Hz territory? DnB or Dubstep would be a bonus.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You guys got anything in the 10-30Hz territory? DnB or Dubstep would be a bonus.
This one is one of my favorites and it digs pretty deep.

Punchline-1.png

You can see here it dips well into the lower 30's and even upper 20's in spots. I can dig up a couple more...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is one of my son's groups. He likes to find good songs for this thread. I posted this one several pages back.

kod.png

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This one is one of my favorites and it digs pretty deep.

View attachment 22611
You can see here it dips well into the lower 30's and even upper 20's in spots. I can dig up a couple more...
Thanks, I'll rock them tomorrow.

Dude! Chevelle brings back memories!

Chevelle - Comfortable Liar had a deep booming accent note in the drum track. Would love to know how deep that one digs.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
DnB and dubstep very seldom digs that deep. I might have a couple tunes in that style that digs below 30 Hz, I would have to check my collection. It's rare for music to dig that deep, because those deep frequencies aren't that 'musical' in that human hearing doesn't really perceive that stuff as pitch. It is more of a sensation rather than a note that is a integral part of a composition, however there are instances where deep notes can be used to musical effect. Also keep in mind that many these tunes weren't even made on systems that have the ability to play back that low. In fact, I have heard rumble in all sorts of content where it was clear that the content creators didn't realize it was there and so didn't filter it out, because their systems weren't able to reproduce that frequency band.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis