R

Ras777

Audioholic
I am thinking about moving one of my subs to the opposite corner of my room. To do so I will need to purchase a 35 ft cable to reach. My other sub is currently using a 8ft cord. Sorry if this is a stupid question but my concern is that the different lenghts could cause issues. Am I over thinking this? Also how do you feel about a wireless connection? I am using two Aperion Bravus II 10D 500w Subs. I appreciat your input.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
+1. For line level signal, it should be fine and there will be no audible difference in lengths.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Should be no difference in those lengths. And even if there were and you have modern receiver it should be able to deal with the delay when you run calibration.

R

Ras777

Audioholic
Thanks for the replies. How do you feel about a wireless connection? Specifically with subwoofers.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the replies. How do you feel about a wireless connection? Specifically with subwoofers.
Personally I haven't tried them but they seem cheap enough. I can see how they could make life easier when dealing with a long, cumbersome run. Give it a try and let us know how well it works.

I've always seemed to prefer hard wired solutions to wired ones due to potential noise issues but that's no guarantee it won't work well for the limited bandwidth required by a subwoofer signal.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Make sure the delay on both subs is set to zero. If after you hook up the sub with the 35' cable, you find the two subs are not playing perfectly in unison, try adjusting the delay on the 8' sub. General rule of thumb is .1 ms delay per 10' of cable, but each room is different.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I myself avoid using anything wireless when possible, as it is more likely to have problems with the signal than hard wired solutions. Tho I know people who use many wireless solutions and they are happy with them. Pretty much up to you which way you want to go.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Make sure the delay on both subs is set to zero. If after you hook up the sub with the 35' cable, you find the two subs are not playing perfectly in unison, try adjusting the delay on the 8' sub. General rule of thumb is .1 ms delay per 10' of cable, but each room is different.
There is no electrical delay regardless of how long the cable is. (OK, it's 1 nanosecond per foot)
But there is an in-air delay of 1 ms per foot for the sound.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Remember any RCA cable should work so be sure to make sure you don't already have a long RCA or digital coax lying around.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis