Subs comparable to the Rythmik L12R?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If you have the funds, the Hsu VTF-3 MK5. Definitely.
Agreed. Like I said the sb2k is great, but it has its limitations which would easily be surpassed by the HSU(and others), and I doubt you'd have any issues of musicality. A well designed/executed subwoofer will be musical.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rythmik makes great stuff. I'd say the LV12R is close to a PB-1000 but won't compete with a 2000. 2 SB 1000s could give you better response long term, but I think a PB2000 may not leave you thinking about that second sub so soon.

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Rythmik makes great stuff. I'd say the LV12R is close to a PB-1000 but won't compete with a 2000. 2 SB 1000s could give you better response long term, but I think a PB2000 may not leave you thinking about that second sub so soon.
PB2000 or SB2000?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's why I was suggesting the SB2000 as well. 625 from their outlet is a good deal and comes with a full warranty. I don't think you'd feel like you didn't make the right choice with it and it's not too far out of budget. In your room I think 1 would sound great, and if you upgrade in the future get another. Worst case scenario you send it back, no harm no foul.

The VTF -3 MK5 is a whole 'nother animal. You'll get the most bang for your buck there. It's tunable and you can run it ported or sealed. I'm 90% music and do critically listen. They're great sounding subs. I set my speakers to small and crossover at 80HZ after running room correction and it's the best sounding system I've owned. I don't regret buying them at all, but I had a bigger budget.

Decision, desicions...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Also if you have any questions SVS has the best customer service. Just make a LIST of your needs and they will lead you in the RIGHT direction. Ask for ED or email him. He is VERY quick to respond.

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
That's why I was suggesting the SB2000 as well. 625 from their outlet is a good deal and comes with a full warranty. I don't think you'd feel like you didn't make the right choice with it and it's not too far out of budget. In your room I think 1 would sound great, and if you upgrade in the future get another. Worst case scenario you send it back, no harm no foul.

The VTF -3 MK5 is a whole 'nother animal. You'll get the most bang for your buck there. It's tunable and you can run it ported or sealed. I'm 90% music and do critically listen. They're great sounding subs. I set my speakers to small and crossover at 80HZ after running room correction and it's the best sounding system I've owned. I don't regret buying them at all, but I had a bigger budget.

Decision, desicions...
I feel like the ULS-15 MK2 might suit my needs better than anything in the VTF series. My room size currently on the small end of the Bassaholics Medium Category here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel like the ULS-15 MK2 might suit my needs better than anything in the VTF series. My room size currently on the small end of the Bassaholics Medium Category here.
It definitely will. You had mentioned something about moving in the future to a bigger space?

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
It definitely will. You had mentioned something about moving in the future to a bigger space?
I had been reading reviews and the ULS-15 MK2 seemed to be able to even fill up a larger space. Audioholics gave it a Large rating meant to fill up 3000 to 5000 ft^3 of space. I imagine that should be enough.

I can't see myself needing a sub to fill out more than 5000 ft^3 of space in the near future. Maybe in the distant future though.....

Lol, actually, I'm set on the PSA S1500. Apparently, it's favorable over the ULS-15 MK2.

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
I think I finally have my 2.1 setup picked out for detailed, critical listening use and HT.

Yamaha RX-A660
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2
Power Sound Audio S1500

Thanks for everyone's help!

It's a bit more than my original $1400 budget, but I think it's a worthwhile investment.

Just for curiosity's sake, what $1400 setup would best approximate the $2600 setup I have listed above?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The LV12R will best the PB1000 in every category from SPL to depth to articulate bass. The LV12R lies between the PB1000 and the PB2000 in terms of output capacity. The LV12R $69 MSRP more expensive than the PB1000 and $150 less than the PB2000.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think I finally have my 2.1 setup picked out for detailed, critical listening use and HT.

Yamaha RX-A660
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2
Power Sound Audio S1500

Thanks for everyone's help!

It's a bit more than my original $1400 budget, but I think it's a worthwhile investment.

Just for curiosity's sake, what $1400 setup would best approximate the $2600 setup I have listed above?
Why the PSA vs a Rythmik bundled with the Ascend?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis