Subs comparable to the Rythmik L12R?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What's your take on the Monitor Audio line of Radius subs?
I honestly don't know anything about them. What I'm getting at with the SB2000, I know me and I'd be wondering if I should have spent the extra 130 bucks and got the 2000. Especially if you plan to upgrade. If you get the 2000 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So the Rythmik LV12R isn't comparable to the SVS SB-2000?
I'd buy the rythmik. It's ported though and will give more output, while still maintaining articulate bass. The svs is sealed. I had an sb2k and it's amazing for its size, but can't hang in a bigger room. Most condos I've seen have very high ceilings and if that's the case, you'll want the extra output of the lv12r.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah like I said, I've never heard a Rythmik sub. I wasn't sure about the output and articulation. I do like the way sealed SVS subs sound. The ones I had were buttery smooth and very detailed. They were just too small.

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
I'd buy the rythmik. It's ported though and will give more output, while still maintaining articulate bass. The svs is sealed. I had an sb2k and it's amazing for its size, but can't hang in a bigger room. Most condos I've seen have very high ceilings and if that's the case, you'll want the extra output of the lv12r.
I'm going to estimate 10' x 15' x 10' which is 1500 cu ft.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well that puts you in the 800 dollar range. That's an lvx12 or an HSU vtf3-mk5 15"er. For that 800 bucks, and if that was the limit, I would likely go with the HSU. Just ask @Pogre!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"The SUB-1200 did justice to that fact, but there was a slight lack of definition when things got very fast."

Not too keen on this sub from that line.
Dayton seems a bit big at 15", my room is only 10' x 15'. Also, how good is it to extract the minutest of bass details for critical listening?

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Why would a 15" sub be too big? The larger the sub driver in general the more air it can move with less movement, generally a good thing....but not all 15" drivers are equal otoh. You might want to review some sub myths http://www.data-bass.com/myths

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The difference in cab size for these:
SUB 1200 16-3/4" H x 16-3/16" W x 17-3/4" D
SUB 1500 19-3/4" H x 19-1/4" W x 19-3/4" D

Not a huge difference in footprint....
Agreed. Not sure op has looked at size specs yet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed. Not sure op has looked at size specs yet.
For sealed subs many think the box size changes dramatically when it really doesn't; some of the vented designs like these don't either. Now a proper sized box with some LLT type tuning then box sizes really become significant....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
DIY. I've seen a few nice ones. Wouldn't work in my space currently but maybe someday. LLTs are awesome too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well that puts you in the 800 dollar range. That's an lvx12 or an HSU vtf3-mk5 15"er. For that 800 bucks, and if that was the limit, I would likely go with the HSU. Just ask @Pogre!!!
Yup. I have a pair of MK5s. I thought the same thing at first. Too much sub. It's not. If blended correctly they sound awesome. I think, even at lower volumes because those big cones barely need to move to push the air needed for those frequencies. They have the definition too, for critical listening.

They're top notch subs. Look up some reviews. Here is a preview from Audioholics I found. I couldn't find their review, but I did find this review on its little brother. I'm guessing my VTF-3 MK5s will have pretty much the same performance, but bigger, more powerful, more presence and just badass. I don't regret buying them.

Last edited:
Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Yup. I have a pair of MK5s. I thought the same thing at first. Too much sub. It's not. If blended correctly they sound awesome. I think, even at lower volumes because those big cones barely need to move to push the air needed for those frequencies.

They're top notch subs. Look up some reviews. Here is a preview from Audioholics I found. I couldn't find their review, but I did find this review on its little brother. I'm guessing my VTF-3 MK5s will have pretty much the same performance, but bigger, more powerful and just badass. I don't regret buying them.
629 for SB-2000 or 800 for the HSU?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis