sub woofer connection

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
hello all

i own a harman kardon avr 240 and sub wooffer jbl e150p

not sure what is the best connection in my receiver

for now i have a single cable to connect to the receiver and finish with a l/r into the sub not sure if io have to choose on the sub normal mode or LFE

Thanks

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
ok so i can connect the single connector to my amp and then the split connector into my sub and chose lfe instead of normal ?

also how to properly setup the phase etc....

Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Come out of the purple connection on the back of your receiver and go into the left or right input on the back of your subwoofer, then set the subwoofer to LFE.

Set the crossover level for the subwoofer output in your receiver as desired.

You do not need to split the connection into your subwoofer at all. Just the one cable connection between the receiver and subwoofer is enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
ok so i can connect the single connector to my amp and then the split connector into my sub and chose lfe instead of normal ?

also how to properly setup the phase etc....

Thanks
Did you read the article I linked?

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
i will thanks
so i connect only one connector from the the split one set to lfe i see if phase at 180 or 0 is better

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
question if my cable on the input as 2 connector should i plug the 2 connector if i set it to LFE ?
Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You only need a single cable; if you already have a splitter cable use one or both. Some units get a bit more gain when both inputs are used.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis