Sub Woffer connection-Speaker wire to RCC jack

O

old5foot

Audiophyte
i have an older Denon ARV2600 Surround Receiver and a Boston 90pv powered subwoofer. Both are set up for a RCA connections. The Boston is also set up for speaker wire connections. Problem is I prewired the house with speaker wire, and have no way to run new wire. I only ran one speaker wire to the subwoofer location.
Is there a way to add RCA jacks to the speaker wire and make this work?
Old5foot

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i have an older Denon ARV2600 Surround Receiver and a Boston 90pv powered subwoofer. Both are set up for a RCA connections. The Boston is also set up for speaker wire connections. Problem is I prewired the house with speaker wire, and have no way to run new wire. I only ran one speaker wire to the subwoofer location.
Is there a way to add RCA jacks to the speaker wire and make this work?
Old5foot
It all depends on how electrically noisy your home is.

The first thing to do is to solder RCA jacks onto the speaker wire. The chances are you will have a lot of hum, but it is worth a try.

If that does not work, then try and pull shielded cable though with the speaker wire.

If that is not possible you will have to run your sub cable across the floor.

If you don't want to do that, then you will have to open up the walls.

Next time you ever run wire in walls, run it in conduit, so you can easily change cables. Never run any HT wiring in a wall not in conduit.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In addition to what TLS mentioned, there are also wireless transmitter/receiver options. The least expensive, though, is to try the first suggestion of adding RCA jacks to the ends of the speaker wire. Alternatively, you can buy something already made like this (also at places like Radio Shack).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis