Sub Solution for Two Channel Home Theater

F

fourdegrees

Audiophyte
Good evening. I'm currently trying to decide which way to go with my upcoming sub purchase. My theater is a room over the garage that is about 3000 cubic feet in size. I'll be moving in about two months, but I'm assuming our next house will have a similar setup. My listening habits are about 95% music with an occasional netflix movie thrown in for good measure. I'm looking at the 500-700 dollar range right now, with the expectation of adding a matching sub after the move.

I'm interested if anyone has experience in how the PB-1000 and SB-2000 compare, and if the PB-1000 would be too small for a room that size. My room is probably a little less than 3000 cubic feet due to the sloping roof on either side of the room.

On a related note, has anyone caught wind of what kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday might be available this year from the ID dealers?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In that budget range I would be looking at the Rythmik LV12r or Hsu VTF2 mk4. If you can go over your budget just a hair, the Hsu VTF3 mk4, but the VTF3 is a large sub. It will be much more powerful than the SVS subs though.

F

fourdegrees

Audiophyte
I went ahead and went with a pair of PB-1000s. Really enjoying them. Fill my needs perfectly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis