flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I recently acquired a "few" items for my music room and need suggestions on a sub. The room is 18x14x9 and strictly 2 channel. With a 1 year old and a a new born expected at the end of January, my movie nights are limited for a couple of years, at least at house shaking levels. I have a PB13-Ultra that I'm thinking of bringing upstairs and see how it integrates with the room and the current speakers. Also, I will be using the x-over and Roomperfect system to integrate it via MEN220. Looking at eventually getting 2 SB13-ultras or Funk, JLf113s, ect. Suggestions? How to best integrate and at what x-over points?

BTW, I was listening a song by Anne Bisson, Hoping Love Will Last, which Gene used when reviewing the Status, and he was right, there is some loud, deep bass at about a minute in the song. So much that after running the Roomperfect software, the woofers on the left speaker bottomed out :eek: My heart stopped for a few seconds….. All is fine though.:)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you can afford a Funk 18.0, go get one. Its measured performance is razor sharp.

M

MENUMORUT

Audiophyte
New on site

I want to know if a HSU VTH-15 H dualdrive subwoofer is better than a PSB Subseries 500 (both combinations are about the same price: $2,000). The front system would be two Stratus Gold and one Imagine C, the rear surround would be 2 Imagine B. The amplification I plan to buy is Emotiva UMC-200 and XPA-5.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
flyboy: Get a Submersive master/slave combo :)

I want to know if a HSU VTH-15 H dualdrive subwoofer is better than a PSB Subseries 500 (both combinations are about the same price: $2,000). The front system would be two Stratus Gold and one Imagine C, the rear surround would be 2 Imagine B. The amplification I plan to buy is Emotiva UMC-200 and XPA-5.
you should make your own topic.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
You know, I priced out a pair of Funk 18.0 in piano black and they're more than a pair of JL F113!!! Im an SVS fan being a PB13 ultra owner. Just dont know if there is a $4,000 diffrrence between the 2 JL f113 the Funk 18.0and the SVS SB13 ultra.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, you can compare the old PB13 to the F113 using Ilkka's old tests on HTS, and then you can compare the new PB13 to the Funk 18.0 here on audioholics and at data-bass. It is of course up to you if the price difference is worth it :)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Looks like I'm going to get home and play around with the PB13-ultra. I like the price of 2 SB13-ultras and it's really difficult to believe that there is a $4,000 difference, specially for music. :)

Now, what to cross it at…..:rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis