P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
After living with roommates for a few years I recently moved into my own place. I attached a floor layout of the TV room.

where I have my sub placed now, it seems to have low/dead spots in the middle of the room which from reading in this forum seems normal due to cancellation.
The room has hardwood floors and only a small love seat for now, I plan on getting an area rug, larger couch and building some bass traps soon.

I wanted to get your opinions on sub location and placement of bass traps.
The sub is a JL 13W1 in a 5.3 cu ft ported box powered by a behringer ep2500

Thanks

Last edited:
P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
from reading some more, I am going to make two bass traps for the front corners, and two panels for the rear wall and see how that works.

Only thing is I have a window on the left side corner so I have to figure out how to work around that.

One question that I hope someone can answer so like i said above I have a lot of bass around the perimeter of the room but not much in the center, will adding the acoustic panels reduce the bass around the perimeter and increase it in the center since there will be less cancelation?

Thanks again

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Bass traps work well in the corners.
A good way to find place to put the sub is to first place it where you sit. Then crawl around the room until it sounds best to you. Put the sub there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis