STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Looking at receiver specs and noticed that my old sony has a sub output of 2v / 1k ohms and a new yamaha 1500 has 2v / 500 ohms. I'm going to buy a yamaha and was curious as to the difference in output.(This ohm thing always gets me confused!) :confused: Will I notice a volume difference? My JBL PB12 sub just dosn't get thumpin' unless I have both the sub and receiver cranked up.

and yes I know my sony is crap, I can hear that!!! haha :D

and yes I know my JBL isn't the best. (it's only ok for movies, music bad! very bad!!!)

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
STRONGBADF1 said:
Looking at receiver specs and noticed that my old sony has a sub output of 2v / 1k ohms and a new yamaha 1500 has 2v / 500 ohms. I'm going to buy a yamaha and was curious as to the difference in output.(This ohm thing always gets me confused!) :confused: Will I notice a volume difference? My JBL PB12 sub just dosn't get thumpin' unless I have both the sub and receiver cranked up.

and yes I know my sony is crap, I can hear that!!! haha :D

and yes I know my JBL isn't the best. (it's only ok for movies, music bad! very bad!!!)
The output Z (impedance, or Ohms), in this case isn't as important as the input Z of the sub, it won't make any difference, it will sound fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis