Sub hook up to integrated amp

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hey all-
I am planning on purchasing a NAD C370 integrated amp and a dealer was explaining to me how to hook it up to a sub using the pre outs and main ins and a y-adapter. &nbsp;Can someone run that by me again?

Thanks</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>OK, to start, you will run two 1 male to 2 female y-cables, avail. about everywhere. run one set from the main out of the nad to the main in. then the other two female ends that are not used yet, you will run to the sub. &nbsp;Therefore you get a signal split to the amp AND the sub. Hope this is a good explaination.</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>audioman
thanks for your reply, hope you can clarify-
i understand that i need 2 y-adapters each with male and two female connectors.
i dont think i understand how i'm supposed to connect the main out to the main in.

Thanks!</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If you have the right powered sub, all you need to do is plug it in to the pre-out on the amp. Then you can use the subs crossover/controls to adjust volume or whatever. Think of the sub as another amp. Ask your dealer what type (not brand) of sub you should get.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>What I mean is, the main in and out on the amp are the only path of audio signal coming from the amp. You simply need to steal the signal from the main out and split it twice. Once to go back to the main in and another time to go to the sub. If you use two rca splitters that have one female jack out to 2 females, you can get the signal with the males from the amp and then one end of the female jacks will go to the sub and one to the amp. I hope this helps. If i could write ya a diagram this would be very simple. -take care. audioman00</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>A.Vivaldi:
I already have a sub (Pinnacle Digital Sub 350). &nbsp;How do i know if it's the right type?

Audioman:
Thanks for trying again. &nbsp;That made it a bit clearer. &nbsp;I don't have the amp yet, it is being shipped. &nbsp;I'm sure it will help to look at it and figure it out.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis