Streaming Video & Audio to Stereo & TV via Wireless Network

Quadzilla

Quadzilla

Audioholic Intern
Hi All,
I'd like to be able to stream video and audio from my PC to my TV and A/V receiver. I also may want to print wireless. Can someone please tell me the hardware thats needed?

I'm assuming I'd need a media hub like the D-Link MediaLounge or something similar and a router? Do I need a special router to print wireless?

I plan on buying an HP Officejet 7400 which is wireless network ready. Also, any recommendations on which media hub to buy? Thanks for any info!

Dan G.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
To print wirelessly the router has to have a built-in print server unless you want to just wirelessly access a machine that has a printer attached and that machine is on when you do the printing.

IMO, the Squeezebox is the best of the streaming media devices.

I use NetGear routers but there are plenty of other brands that work well.

I'd start at http://www.newegg.com to get an idea of what is available.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
That printer, the HP Officejet 7400, has built in 802.11g access, in other words, it will act like it's own print server. So no need for one of those.

You will need the Streaming media device MDS mentions. That Squeezebox Transporter is drool worthy material :D. I use my Xbox 360 to stream music to my reciever, which works ok for me, because I listen to more DVD-A and SACD's, and CD's than I play ripped material.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis