S

Skiflyer

Audiophyte
I have an old NuTone system in my house which accepts mono aux inputs. It's slated for replacement someday, but for now I just want to hookup a cheap streamer (Chromecast audio).

The Chromecast outputs minijack stereo, is there a cheap (sub $50) way to get a R+L signal to the mono input, or will I have to settle for one or the other if I'm not willing to buy a mixer for it?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have an old NuTone system in my house which accepts mono aux inputs. It's slated for replacement someday, but for now I just want to hookup a cheap streamer (Chromecast audio).

The Chromecast outputs minijack stereo, is there a cheap (sub $50) way to get a R+L signal to the mono input, or will I have to settle for one or the other if I'm not willing to buy a mixer for it?
If you can build this summing box, you will be home free.

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013F6FSRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1463302035&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=stereo+to+mono+converter&dpPl=1&dpID=41HV9AC+GUL&ref=plSrch

There is a pre made version that may work.

Making your own one from TLS's diagram should be easy and cheaper but best if you have a soldering iron to make it properly.

Find an old 3.5mm stereo cable and cut it in half plus a rca cable and cut it in half ( if it is a rca to 3.5mm cable then you only need one cable)
Then you buy the three resistors and a small bit of veraboard from your local electronics store.
Simple to solder the two cables and 3 resistors to this board and then either get a plastic box to mount it in or wrap it in electrical tape if looks don't matter.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis