Step Down Transformer for AV Sytem

N

noel

Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this thread to get additional info regarding using a step down transformer for my Outlaw 990 and 7125.

The country where a am staying now has a commercial power of 220V-240V 60Hz.I am using a step down transformer 220/240V-110/115V with automatic voltage regulator rated at 2000VA.The transformer itself is a toroidal design (heavy) and doesn't heat up or having a humming noise during operation compared to the former IE core transformer i had.
As far as i know (electrical point of view)there should be no problem using stepdown transformer as long as it can handle the power requirment of the load (processor and amp).
The 990 and 7125 has a power rating of 1500VA approx.
Is there any significant effect on the performance of the amplifier if a step down transformer is used.

I would apperiate all the information you can contribute.

Thanks,

Noel

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
noel said:
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this thread to get additional info regarding using a step down transformer for my Outlaw 990 and 7125.

The country where a am staying now has a commercial power of 220V-240V 60Hz.I am using a step down transformer 220/240V-110/115V with automatic voltage regulator rated at 2000VA.The transformer itself is a toroidal design (heavy) and doesn't heat up or having a humming noise during operation compared to the former IE core transformer i had.
As far as i know (electrical point of view)there should be no problem using stepdown transformer as long as it can handle the power requirment of the load (processor and amp).
The 990 and 7125 has a power rating of 1500VA approx.
Is there any significant effect on the performance of the amplifier if a step down transformer is used.
I would apperiate all the information you can contribute.
Thanks,
Noel
I don't see anything at all that would limit you. This one is rated well so it should work no problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis