Stationary headphone amps

J

jarrett baines

Audioholic Intern
Im looking at a couple headphone amps on Amazon Canada. So I'm working on a limited selectio. Our Amazon sucks compared to you American version.
Any way I'm looking at a Teac and a Denon headphone amp. Also for price I'm looking at the O2. The Teac is the AI301DA. The Denon model is the DA300USB. Does any one have a preference, my headphones are Beoplay's H6. Or any others that are on Smazon. I have a prepaid card for Amazon as a birthday gift. Thats why I need to stay with them. Thanks guys.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would go with O2DAC combo as it will have everything you will ever need from headphone amp.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
O2 Dac is design by mysterious (and MIA) NwAvGuy - whom was very sour with existing inexpensive DAC measured performance and wanted to get near reference (benchmark one) performance on a shoestring - so he designed was very good and inexpensive DAC - O2 and Headphone amp as well.
Both available as one unit. O2dac combo.
Lucid is one of vendors whom implemented his design, but mainly it's these guys whom worked closely to him: https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/objective2-odac-combo-revb/

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
O2 Dac is design by mysterious (and MIA) NwAvGuy - whom was very sour with existing inexpensive DAC measured performance and wanted to get near reference (benchmark one) performance on a shoestring - so he designed was very good and inexpensive DAC - O2 and Headphone amp as well.
Both available as one unit. O2dac combo.
Lucid is one of vendors whom implemented his design, but mainly it's these guys whom worked closely to him: https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/objective2-odac-combo-revb/
Thanks for the info! Interesting, from the little that I had read about it.

It caught my eye on Lucid Labs because I just bought their RPi I2S DAC. Haven't gotten that going yet, have a couple issues to work out, likely self inflicted.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
I use the O2 headphone amp by JDS Labs. I've had it now for about 6 years and it has worked flawlessly. Sounds great too!

The only drawback is that it by no means portable. It's really designed to be used in a home system.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I use the O2 headphone amp by JDS Labs. I've had it now for about 6 years and it has worked flawlessly. Sounds great too!

The only drawback is that it by no means portable. It's really designed to be used in a home system.
It's funny you'd say that as it certainly not small unit and I agree with you - i won't consider it portable, however for reasons unknown to me it does include space for a pair of 9v batteries inside the box, so technically it is "portable" or I'd shall say movable :)

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
It's funny you'd say that as it certainly not small unit and I agree with you - i won't consider it portable, however for reasons unknown to me it does include space for a pair of 9v batteries inside the box, so technically it is "portable" or I'd shall say movable :)
Yes, it comes with a plug in adapter for home use but can be used portable using batteries. I suppose you could clip it onto your belt if you wanted to walk around with it. However, there are smaller, more portable headphone amps out there for mobile use. They might not sound as good as the O2 however.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis