Start an area for "Local Members Meetings"

P

Paul F

Audioholic Intern
Per my post in the "Philosophers and Wisemen" area, I think this board could use an area where we can invite others in our local area to get together and visit, BS, share our music and movies favorites, discuss connectivity etc.

What do you think???

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
THis board attracts alot of people from all over the world.

Wouldn't an Audioholics' convention be cool? Let's say something like every 2 years? Make it like a weekend thing. Invite members, presenters, go see some cool attractions, etc.

Anybody else feel along the same lines?

Just my .02

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
That could be very risky and tricky. Who knows how much it cost as well. It could work though. Depnds on how much the big fish here want to get involved. However I do agree on some sort of forum to set up get togethers with local members in our local areas.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
How about getting members into the CES each January and then have a little side hospitality suite with some state of the art gear to check out? I've always wanted to go to the big show. :D

P

Paul F

Audioholic Intern
:D All great ideas in my opinion! Looks like maybe a 'members area' for upcoming and yearly events might be needed. Anyone in the LA area - check out my post in 'Philosophers and Wisemen' - Anyone is welcome at my house Sat 4/16 or 4/22th.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
I would if my living room had better seating than a folding camp chair at the moment.

...I jsut can't find a decent couch, and with no significant other to annoy me...well it just never happens :p

...aside from that, I'm not sure how entused everyone would be at my $650 HT setup, TV/receiver/speakers and all....but....NO CUBES!!!!!!

...heh, that's the only saving grace of that setup :D

...people who use too many of these (...) obviously need to get some sleep, laters!

Not sure if we're ready for that yet, but we'll think on it. I know Gene and I would like to do something like this - it's just a matter of logistics.

A

Arcane19

Audioholic Intern
Perhaps National and Regional Forums sections of the site. Something like this...

National & Regional Forums
Connect with audioholics in your area through our national and regional forums.

Midwest
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Northeast
Delaware, Maryland/DC, New England, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Northwest
Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Southeast
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia

Southwest
Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas

West
California (Northern), California (Southern), Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah

Other Global Forums
Canada, Europe, Southeast Asia, Everywhere Else

J

jamie2112

Banned
Perhaps National and Regional Forums sections of the site. Something like this...

National & Regional Forums
Connect with audioholics in your area through our national and regional forums.

Midwest
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Northeast
Delaware, Maryland/DC, New England, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Northwest
Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Southeast
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia

Southwest
Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas

West
California (Northern), California (Southern), Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah

Other Global Forums
Canada, Europe, Southeast Asia, Everywhere Else

Virginia should be in the northeast....:D

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I frequent some car forums that do regional meets all the time. Since they show off cars, it does make sense, but how do you do that with home AV stuff? :)

Still, not a bad idea.

F

FNG212

Audioholic
What I would like to see is just a "Audioholics link-up" thread so that people who live in the same geographic area can get together on their own. This site is fairly anonymous and I think it would add some familiarity if people got together in the real world, even just for coffee or something.

That being said, I live in St Paul, MN. Anyone shoot me a PM if they want to hang out or come listen to my free 3.1 Klipshc system my aunt and uncle gave me.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Rickster is the closest to me and we will meet up this summer for some cold ones and shoot the ****,Im sure of it.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I live on the outer moon of Saturn.....you would have to catch the space shuttle....:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I live on the outer moon of Saturn...
According to a guy that I work with, the "short" grays have been orbiting a moon of Saturn for 1000 years in their mothership*. I bet that they have some rockin' systems.

* Studying our emotions because they are no longer capable of such things after destroying their genetic code, or something like that.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Shock and Myself meet up for sleep overs...

...bow chicka wow wow.

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It must be the "Resurrect a Dead Thread Weekend Event" or something.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Sometimes love knows no bounds. :)
I do like the idea of having these meetings, unfortunately I just don't know when I could even do one personally. I work too much.:(

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Yeah, I like the idea of some type of reunion, where you can see in person the members you are enjoying so much sharing with. :)

And even if I live quite far from the majority of you guys, I would made a special effort to cross the border barefoot, so nobody can hear me.
And who knows, the food might be even better in the jails from USA. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis