StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming Central' started by Adam, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Adam Audioholic Jedi

Adam
    I just downloaded this yesterday. Anyone else playing it, or plan to?

Game play seems very smooth. The game has crashed on me once so far, but it's not the norm. I don't like that the AI on games must be "very easy" with no other choices. I also want to load a custom map, but I have the impression that I can't...but I'm not sure.
    Adam,
  2. Matt34 Moderator

Matt34
    I'm going to get it when I get home, still occasionally play but not as much as I used to.
  3. Adam Audioholic Jedi

Adam
    FYI, the beta has no single-player campaign. It's all multiplayer, but there is a training map that you can choose to learn some tactics.

My brother and I are creatures of habit. We find a map that we like (Tempest, in this case), I mod it so that the resources aren't limiting, and then we play online against the AI. That's why I don't like the "very easy" limitation for the AI. We don't play against real people...I don't enjoy getting my a** kicked by a 12-year-old that's constantly typing out smack talk. :eek: :)
    Adam,
  4. Adam Audioholic Jedi

Adam
    Cool - I got a custom map loaded and working. I still haven't figured out if I can make the AI anything but "very easy." I don't see an option in the map editor, but there certainly might be one.
    Adam,
  5. Kyuuketsuki Enthusiast

Kyuuketsuki
    The only AI available during the Original SC2 Beta was "Very Easy" so I don't think you can set it to anything else until they release the full Expansion
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Adam Audioholic Jedi

Adam
    Thanks!

I should have mentioned that I updated a map using the Green Tea AI yesterday afternoon. I didn't think that it did anything because I couldn't get anything but "Very Easy," but my brother and I played it last night, and it definitely is not the usual "Very Easy." Much more aggressive. It seemed to be in the "Hard" range. So, I'm happy. We got a couple of really good games out of it. :)
    Adam,
  7. jdsimons2 Enthusiast

jdsimons2
    Glad I saw this. Grabbing it when I get home. Is it closed beta or open? I was part of closed beta in SC2
  8. Adam Audioholic Jedi

Adam
    You need a key to get the beta. I got mine and my brother's keys by preordering the expansion pack from Amazon. I know that some places were giving away keys, but I never looked into what I'd have to do to try and get one.
    Adam,