Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and the series re-awakens *(spoilers)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Always two there are; no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
I always read that as in the Sith Order there was only ever one master and one apprentice. Not that there was only ONE master et al...

That you didn't have one master and multiple apprentices.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As is expected of anything, there is a polar response. Either you like it or you just don't care.

I did go nuts on my opinion. :)

Hyperbolize much do I with this one. :D

No Yoda, no Vader, no Obi-wan in Jedi Spirit. :(

No character development or sword training for the new girl (like Luke/Obi-Wan/Yoda) at all before the anti-climatic light-saber duel to make it a little bit believable.

Here I am going nuts again.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I have BOYCOTTED this star wars vii abomination rubbish!

Firstly when I saw the for FREE on youtube on 18th December "Han Solo dies first" I thought that was so funny. "First" lol

jj abrams has simply ripped off STAR WARS (1977) with Han dying in the exact same way as captain jj-kirk kills a romulan with I have your gun, BAM! Then falls off the bridge with camera in exactly same angle as the picture below and it took days for all the star wars vii, fans that don't mind having their bitch cow tits milked for £ $!

So I have simply BOYCOTTED star wars vii!

I have BOYCOTTED star wars vii on few technical cinema dci rubbish 4k and LIEMAX and even crappy imax 70!

If I wanted to leave my brain at home and see star wars vii it would have been one cinema with THX sound system and 1330 seats at the Empire at London. But that got rapped by digital and then empire cinemas sold out to Satan canadians imax for their bastard anti-imax son called LIEMAX!

So star wars vii is BOYCOTTED as of late 2013!

Cinema ticket costs at local cinemas is frigging £12.95 for adult, child £9.00.

LIEMAX square as that is new name for leicester square now "LIEMAX square"!

empire LIEMAX is frigging £18.00 for adult and child £10.00

odeon leicester square frigging £22 for adult and child £19.00 WTF! Talk about dci crappy 4k milking star wars vii fans. Also odoen even charges an extra £1.00 more if its a new blockbuster! Talk about rip off! o_O

Seeing all the FREE spoilers on youtube has saved me £ hundreds of thousands, as I played the same scene of wookie reaction multiple times often same 1 second of scene over and over and figured the cost was so astronomical high the numbers would be off the scale. So sod you, disney jj abrams, your not getting my £20.00 at the cinema for this star flawed vii rip off of STAR WARS 1977!

I have enjoyed 14 days of star wars vii BOYCOTTING and I almost was going to see it on 19th December but strengthened the force BOYCOTTING firm and tight that not even a billion star systems can slip though now. star wars vii BOYCOTTED!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
No doubt. Doubly so in the Death Star rehash since the writers had several alternatives from the Extended Universe to draw upon (Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher, etc).
Not Expanded Universe, but they should have revived the Lexx!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think SW7 will garner any Oscar awards.

There's nothing new or special about it. Not even the "special effects" are special. :)

Acting- not
Story or script - not
Editing - not
Visual or Sound effects - not
Directing - not

If the Oscars have a new category "Making the Most Money", SW7 would win hands down. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm okay w/ retro. Just not okay with ostensibly the same plot. At least I think SW4 had a climax. SW7 was very anti-climatic.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I'm okay w/ retro. Just not okay with ostensibly the same plot. At least I think SW4 had a climax. SW7 was very anti-climatic.
So it was anti-climax for you. :D

I don't think SW7 will garner any Oscar awards.

There's nothing new or special about it. Not even the "special effects" are special. :)

Acting- not
Story or script - not
Editing - not
Visual or Sound effects - not
Directing - not

If the Oscars have a new category "Making the Most Money", SW7 would win hands down. :)
Well I wouldn't be surprised to see
Visual effects
Sound editing and sound, but I doubt it would win. Your right there isn't anything new or fresh about it that hasn't already been done before.

Well enough star wars 7 for me.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"Retro" is not exactly the right term, but my problem with it was that it did try to keep a little too much with the originals. While the nostalgic aspect is appreciated, it could have done something new. It almost felt like I was watching the originals to the point that I could have just watched them instead... TOO MUCH FAN SERVICE. And I agree, it was basically a rehash of the plot of A New Hope with some Empire elements.

A LOT was left up to you to infer from what they hinted at and while I understand that is because they can't tell everything now, it felt like some important details were too obscurely referenced. OK, they're trying to lay down the groundwork going forward and establish the characters, but I think it could have at least made an effort to do more.

Kylo Ren throwing temper tantrums was idiotic.

Did I enjoy it as an addition to the series? Yes :D I liked it better than the last three combined.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That was annoying for sure.

Kylo Ren getting his a$$ handed to him my a little girl who was never even trained for 1 minute was even more annoying.

What about Kylo Ren trying to dress up like Darth Vader? I've seen better Halloween costumes. :)

Darth Vader's body armor & head gear had a real purpose. Ren's costume was a joke.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
"Darth Vader's body armor & head gear had a real purpose. Ren's costume was a joke."

Not going deny, didn't understand Kylo's costume, but Darth Vader's helmet....SPACEBALLS! :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Another free youtube spoiler. It does look silly. Darth Vader, would just silently choke the officers. ren has anger management issues. I wonder if they have, imperial shrinks? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Darth Vader's body armor & head gear had a real purpose. Ren's costume was a joke."

Not going deny, didn't understand Kylo's costume, but Darth Vader's helmet....SPACEBALLS! :)
I meant Vader needed the helmet physiologically (breathing or other functions) or at least to cover his deformity.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I meant Vader needed the helmet physiologically (breathing or other functions) or at least to cover his deformity.
And I am sure the black cape helped him lower wind resistance ;) ...and while they were advanced enough to build a planet killing machines, the best they could do is flashing lights on his chest?

I kid, and I am making a joke of it, because it's all sci-fi, not trying to debate

Here is a quick clip for Star Wars VIII, Dart Vader returns, and don't be mad that yet another character uses a light saber so effectively.

Last edited:
L

Locoweed

Audioholic Intern
The wife & I saw it a couple of days ago.

SSDD

We gave it a 5.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

And I am sure the black cape helped him lower wind resistance ;) ...and while they were advanced enough to build a planet killing machines, the best they could do is flashing lights on his chest?

I kid, and I am making a joke of it, because it's all sci-fi, not trying to debate

Here is a quick clip for Star Wars VIII, Dart Vader returns, and don't be mad that yet another character uses a light saber so effectively.
Man, that "Batman vs Vader" clip was better than the entire SW1+SW2+SW3+SW7 combined! :D

I was hooked after 5 seconds of viewing! :D

And of course, Batman could use the light saber; he is a martial arts master. If it were a fair fight (no Jedi juju), Batman would kick Vader's a$$ at the light saber duel. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I finally got to see Star Wars Force Awakens.

Overall it was better than I expected but had most of the shortcomings of all JJ Abrams films such as:
  • Rehash of plot from earlier movie (remember Into Darkness Star Trek Khan rehash, and now Ep4 repeat).
  • Flat 2 dimensional villains (remember Tattoo Skin Head Romulan in Star Trek, and now Kylo Ren with anger issues).
  • Ridiculously unbelievable power of super weapons (remember Red matter, Magic Blood, and Transporters across the universe in Star Trek?) Now we have a Starkiller bass that can obliterate multiple planets at once but somehow get overloaded by a few pot shots at the oscillator by a flyboy?
  • Super fast rise to power by hero (remember Cadet Kirk to Captain in 2 mins in Star Trek and now Rey instant ability to use the force).
  • Uncomfortable Cameos by actors from former movies (remember Spock in Star Trek, and now Han Solo and Princess Leia). Sadly IMO, these were the least genuine characters in the remakes).
That said, I did enjoy the movie overall and liked the feel of it and the potential for the next 2 movies to actually spin into a new direction since JJ won't be involved as far as we know. Thankfully he didn't over CGI this film or use excessive lens flare like he did with Star Trek.

I would rank Star Wars in the following order from best to worst:
  • Episode V - Empire Strikes Back
  • Episode IV - New Hope
  • Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
  • Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
  • Episode VII - Force Awakens
  • Episode I - Phantom Menace
  • Episode II - Attack of the Clones

I hope Episode VIII and IX reveal the following:
  • No new Death Stars or Superweapons destroyed by flying into them or finding a weak spot. Please be done with this!
  • Rey is Luke or Obi-Wan's daughter
  • Kylo Ren learns anger management and has a reason to wear a suite and mask
  • Princess Leia dies or only plays a very small roll in dialogue in new movies
  • Snook is Darth Plagueis or Darth Sidious reincarnated
  • Better light saber battles similar to Ep 1, bring back Darth Maul at least Ray Park to choreograph
This is the first time I was able to take both of my kids to a Star Wars movie and the look on my 8yo daughters face was worth the price of admission. I have gripes but I do feel JJ and Disney did a good job on this movie and I foresee excellent sequels to follow.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Man, that "Batman vs Vader" clip was better than the entire SW1+SW2+SW3+SW7 combined! :D

I was hooked after 5 seconds of viewing! :D

And of course, Batman could use the light saber; he is a martial arts master. If it were a fair fight (no Jedi juju), Batman would kick Vader's a$$ at the light saber duel. :)
that was awesome!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis