Star Trek Enterprise Canceled

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ok this pisses me off. I am a long time trekie, (but I don't attend conventions or wear the goofy outfits ;) ). The Enterprise show IMO had a very strong season 3 and season 4 is also very enjoyable. It saddens me to see the end of a legacy in a world where so called reality TV shows are dominant.

Check this out: Save Enterprise

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Aren't they still running it right in competition with Smallville?

I am a long time Trek fan, but stopped watching when it went head-to-head as I find Smallville to be a much better show. Of course that's just my opinion... But, if they ran it the hour before or after, I would think they would have many more viewers.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wouldn't call it an "end of a legacy" just yet. There are still several different ideas floating around for new movies and television series.

My personal favorite TV series idea was Star Trek: Ground Forces which followed the military campaigns of a different race each season.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I heard they cancelled the latest movie plans for a prequel. Luckily I have a DVR and can record the syndicated shows of DS9 and Next Generation, but I have already seen all of the good episodes of those series and craving something new. Enterprise was the answer until this news.

What draws me to Enterprise more than anything is the optimistic view of the future and the embedded storyline that continues from each series as well as the movies. I hope its truly not over. We shall see.

What is Smallville? I never heard of it.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Enterprise is my mandatory 11PM Saturday Night TV Program. All movies in progress must stop, no kissing/necking for the next hour, TV program.

This is a cruel announcement.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
BMXTRIX said:
Aren't they still running it right in competition with Smallville?

I am a long time Trek fan, but stopped watching when it went head-to-head as I find Smallville to be a much better show. Of course that's just my opinion... But, if they ran it the hour before or after, I would think they would have many more viewers.

You mean you got rid of your VCR?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
gene said:
Ok this pisses me off. I am a long time trekie, (but I don't attend conventions or wear the goofy outfits ;) ). The Enterprise show IMO had a very strong season 3 and season 4 is also very enjoyable. It saddens me to see the end of a legacy in a world where so called reality TV shows are dominant.

What???
You mean I have to start reading books now???
This is a terrible blow. Not much else that is good that I enjoy.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
gene said:

you're annoyed they cancelled this after four SEASONS ? that piece of trash should have been cancelled after four SHOWS !!!! it only took them that long to flout every "no human has ever been here or seen this" from stuff that happened 150 years later. Enterprise was a blatant gouging by Rick Berman and co who have lost any creativity they might have once had.

The Star Trek legend ended right after the Deep Space Nine return to the land of tribbles. That was the last truly great show. Everything since has been nothing but a re-tread of old ideas repackaged with different characters. Like Larry Holmes trying to make a comeback in boxing, it's sad and pathetic and way past time for Berman to take his money and go home.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I have to admit I gave the show up as a lost cause long ago. Yeah, I tuned in to see a few episodes this season to see if things had improved, but unfortunately they hadn't. No offense to those who liked the show, but I agree- this one was a waste of an hour right outta the box. I really wanted to like it, but compared to Farscape, Andromeda & BSG it's pretty weak.

And good God, WTF were they thinking with that theme song? :confused:

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Leprkon said:
you're annoyed they cancelled this after four SEASONS ? that piece of trash should have been cancelled after four SHOWS !!!! it only took them that long to flout every "no human has ever been here or seen this" from stuff that happened 150 years later. Enterprise was a blatant gouging by Rick Berman and co who have lost any creativity they might have once had.

The Star Trek legend ended right after the Deep Space Nine return to the land of tribbles. That was the last truly great show. Everything since has been nothing but a re-tread of old ideas repackaged with different characters. Like Larry Holmes trying to make a comeback in boxing, it's sad and pathetic and way past time for Berman to take his money and go home.
I have always apprecieated the way in which Okies just say it like it is. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis