Standalone player vs PS3?

L

lukylorenzo

Audiophyte
HELP Sony BDP-350 vs PS3

Hi to everyboby, first of all I need to excuse me for my English, I'm italian and I tried to understand about a standalone BD and PS3. I would like to buy a BD standalone when my friend said to me.. why you don't buy a Ps3? It can read blu-ray disc and you can see pics,movie dvix, it's wi-fi and it can connect to your PC. I've seen a new SONY BDP-350, it's very nice. Please help me to understand the difference, the quality..or the weakness... of this "gadgets".
Thank YOU soo much.
Lorenzo

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
I use a universal remote and can not use it with the PS3 because it is bluetooth. They sell an adapter/remote kit that lets you use RF but it has limited control.

The PS3 I have also has a loud fan. It is not one of the problem units that many have complained about but it is distracting during quiet movie passages.

It does not Bit Stream. This does not get the sound out to my Marantz SR7002 in a way that I fully benefit from the new surround formats.

These are the differences or reasons why I bought a stand alone (Sony 350) as my primary blu ray player.

I kept the PS3 for games!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis