B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I finally got my receiver shipped to me the other day so I will hook it up tomorrow but I have a couple of questions on speaker layout. I was going to try the 9.1 setup using front wide right an left speakers since I have high uneven vaulted ceilings I don't think atmos will work very well. Now since I'm only using one zone it says I can add two more channels to make it 11.1 can those extra channels be used as front presence speakers? (Since I have them hanging on my wall) I also plan on adding another sub down the road. Thanks for your help

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Okay I started hooking up speakers but before I get carried away I looked at the speaker setup on there setup menu. I picked 10 or 11 speakers for front height speakers it says I need a 2ch external amp connected to the front L/R height1 L/R
Now Iam using a 5 channel external amp can't I just hookup front L/R center and both surrounds to the external amp an plug the heights R/L speakers along with the wide R/L front speakers into the SR7010 ?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay I started hooking up speakers but before I get carried away I looked at the speaker setup on there setup menu. I picked 10 or 11 speakers for front height speakers it says I need a 2ch external amp connected to the front L/R height1 L/R
Now Iam using a 5 channel external amp can't I just hookup front L/R center and both surrounds to the external amp an plug the heights R/L speakers along with the wide R/L front speakers into the SR7010 ?
Yes you can.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Complex question with simple answer! Woo-Hoo!
Don't see that much, usually it is the total opposite!

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
One more little problem set it for 11.1 it did a speaker check to see if all the speakers were hooked up right it chimed in all speakers so it passed. But when I run audyssey it won't run properly on the sub it says db is to low turn volume up on sub until it hits 75db volume won't go that high. So I skipped that went to first speaker it tweeted loud but the receiver says speaker not hooked up? I watched a movie and all speakers are working? It's like the mic is not hearing the speaker. Any ideas would be great

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It does sound like a bad mic or maybe the cable attached to the mic.
First thing is to make sure it is plugged all of the way in at the receiver and inspect the cord for any kinks or other indications that it has been smashed, pinched, or abused.
Next is to borrow one from someone to verify that your AVR doesn't have a more serious problem (fails to pass on the signal from the mic).
If not, you can get a replacement from A4L for $25 (it is new, not refurb, if that is a concern to you):
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/maracm1h/marantz-acm1hb-audyssey-setup-microphone-for-marantz-onkyo-denon/1.html

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
The mic I have with my old sr 5008 should work I will give that a try

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I hope that works! Much easier solution than having the problem in he AVR!
Hopefully, if the problem is with the AVR, you can return it without hassle!

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i ran the mic from the 5008 I have and it worked but it says my Rear side speakers and my soround back speakers are out of phase. I checked three times and Iam 100 percent sure I have them plugged in right. But in the setup it also says they might not be out of phase it could be the room and just click ignore in the menu. I have never seen this before watched two movies and had no issues

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
i ran the mic from the 5008 I have and it worked but it says my Rear side speakers and my soround back speakers are out of phase. I checked three times and Iam 100 percent sure I have them plugged in right. But in the setup it also says they might not be out of phase it could be the room and just click ignore in the menu. I have never seen this before watched two movies and had no issues
Now if you are picky enough you can buy a MIC for the SR7010, then you have a complete package. If you ask Marantz, they will tell you those MICs are calibrating differently to suit different models so the one for the 5008 won't get you the same result. We don't know how much difference they will make. There are ways to find out, but it is easier to just buy the MIC, they can't cost that much.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Marantz sent me a new one and I just got it delivered today I'm surprised how fast they sent it. I will rerun it again this weekend and see what happens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis