Square room solutions?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
The best idea would obviously be to move it to a rectangular room, but that isn't an option. I have tried doing the "sub crawl", but oddly enough everywhere sounds like a null zone when I do that. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. There's only one place it sounds acceptable (see picture) but even that sounds horribly boomy. If I turn the sub off and run the bass out of the mains this actually sounds the best, but unfortunately my mains are only good to about 60hz. Placing the sub up by my mains also sounds bad oddly enough. Any ideas?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are you doing exactly in the way of the sub crawl and sub integration?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Any ideas?
If things sound best as pictured, except the sub sounds “boomy,” then leave things as they are and apply parametric equalization to the sub to take out the “boom.”

What kind of sub are we talking about (make and model)?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai

If things sound best as pictured, except the sub sounds “boomy,” then leave things as they are and apply parametric equalization to the sub to take out the “boom.”

What kind of sub are we talking about (make and model)?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
A small onkyo sub. It does not sound bad in other rooms so it's not the sub itself.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A small onkyo sub. It does not sound bad in other rooms so it's not the sub itself.

Move the sub, place heavy, irregular-shaped objects in the corners and if the sub has variable polarity (rather than a 0-180 degree switch), work with that. If the furnishings and speakers can't be moved, it's going to be tough to fix.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Move the sub, place heavy, irregular-shaped objects in the corners and if the sub has variable polarity (rather than a 0-180 degree switch), work with that. If the furnishings and speakers can't be moved, it's going to be tough to fix.
Would corner foam wedges help at all?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Possibly. Might also help to move your couch out from the back wall 2 - 3 feet, then re-do the subwoofer crawl.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis