Specific speaker for home theater?

W

Waterguy

Enthusiast
Yes I'm a noob...I'm looking for new LCR for my set up. I already have a great sub and don't use rears yet. I'm looking for a good center channel around 350ish and looking to buy matching LR for around 450ish. Total 850 to my door. I've been leaning on the KEF q200c with matching fronts and the ascend cmt340c with matching fronts. The real question is since this is only for cinema not music. Should I be looking for a different sound all together? Something let's say more in your face if you will. I know the rep these speakers have with music but will they translate into good cinema speakers. My first thought would be yes but before I pulled the trigger just wanted to make sure. Thanks for reading and any advice.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to AH :)

The Ascend CMTs are good with pretty much everything. These are actually slightly brighter than neutral, but are very even handed with most material so I'd say they won't be an issue. I don't like in your face speakers; personal preference. These do very well with vocals so it should stack up well as a center too.

W

Waterguy

Enthusiast
Welcome to AH :)

The Ascend CMTs are good with pretty much everything. These are actually slightly brighter than neutral, but are very even handed with most material so I'd say they won't be an issue. I don't like in your face speakers; personal preference. These do very well with vocals so it should stack up well as a center too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis