Speakers Recommendation

M

manvill76

Enthusiast
Sir,

I have the receiver Onkyo TX SR501. Initially I have paired this receiver with an all Bose bookshelf speaker system. But I was not satisfied with the sound of these speakers and I would like to change it.

I would prefer a bookshelf speaker system that I will use 50% for movies and 50% for music. The brand of speakers that are available here in Saudi Arabia are Bose, Pioneer, Yamaha, Polk Audio and Jamo.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Out of the ones you mentioned I would probably go with the Polk's. If you can compare them to the others with a demo that would be the best solution, And then you can find out which ones you like best.

O

outsider

Audioholic
I've heard Jamos are pretty nice, but I've never actually heard them.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've heard Jamo before, about 10 years back

outsider said:
I've heard Jamos are pretty nice, but I've never actually heard them.
and I was very impressed with their sound. I think your leading contenders would be Polk and Jamo .

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
Jamo

Jamo makes an awesome speaker. The 825 bookself speakers are wonderfull. The 3SUB is one of the best subs I have heard for under $350 US. They have a large amount of speakers to choose from, and you will not be disapointed.

R

RanjeetRain

Enthusiast
Jamo could be your best bet

I have listened to all the brands you have listed. From that list I will always prefer a Jamo. Jamo is a reputed manufacturer and has an impressive line of loudspeakers. Polk comes to the second place. If you are tight on budget, look at Polk. Or else Jamo. If you are looking at saving money, i can recommend Jamo S708 and D870. S708 has a very flat and unclored sound while D870 offers full range but is a little boomy. If you have a good sub you can save money by choosing a S708 otherwise take a look at D870. A good value for money speaker.

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
Either Jamo or Polk

Jamo makes some fine speakers. I don't own any, but I've demoed Jamo in a store. Polks are solid. Polk makes speakers that range from more-than-acceptable to very good. I have some.

Though I love my Yamaha a/v receiver, I'd skip Yammy's speakers. I'd pass on the Pioneer speakers, too.

Your ears already to you about the Bose, so I won't go there. :D

Good luck,
Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis