Speakers for Denon AVR 1912

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
I bought Denon AVR 1912 a while back and didn't get to finish my setup. Now I am thinking of using it for my living room setup.

My living room is about 20'x24'. I would like to keep it simple, so probably 2 or 3 speakers would be better than 5.1 or 7.1

What would be recommended speakers for the room size (doesn't have to be loud) and the receiver? If I go with floor standing speakers, do I have to buy subwoofer as well?

In google search, I found these recommended in some other forums.
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi300-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B0018QPSBG?th=1

Thanks in advance.

PG
www.gudpix.com
www.facebook.com/gudphotography

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought Denon AVR 1912 a while back and didn't get to finish my setup. Now I am thinking of using it for my living room setup.

My living room is about 20'x24'. I would like to keep it simple, so probably 2 or 3 speakers would be better than 5.1 or 7.1

What would be recommended speakers for the room size (doesn't have to be loud) and the receiver? If I go with floor standing speakers, do I have to buy subwoofer as well?

In google search, I found these recommended in some other forums.
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi300-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B0018QPSBG?th=1

Thanks in advance.

PG
www.gudpix.com
www.facebook.com/gudphotography
If they don't have to be loud, then you have more choices but try to get something that have sensitivity higher than 90 dB/1m/2.83V and nominal impedance of 8 ohms.

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
If they don't have to be loud, then you have more choices but try to get something that have sensitivity higher than 90 dB/1m/2.83V and nominal impedance of 8 ohms.
Thank you PENG!

In $500 - $750 budget, are there any recommendations? To get better quality, do I need to go with 3.1 setup or just two floor standing speakers would suffice?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would absolutely not get the Polk TSI line.

If you are looking at budget line, I'd look at the Pioneer Andrew Jones Pioneers. I used the FS52 tower in a 2.1 setup and they did a great job.

On a budget as well, rather than towers, I'd go with a good bookshelf and put the difference from the towers toward a better sub even if you go 3.1 only.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you are like my brother (who would rather spend $4K on a TV :D) and are not into a lot of bass and loud sound, then something like the mentioned RBH R55Ti towers would work. Just 2 speakers for simple 2.0 would be fine for most people who are not hardcore into movies. The bass of this tower is adequate for my brother, so it may be adequate for you.

https://rbhsound.com/r55ti.php

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
If you watch a lot of movies and television shows, go for a 3 channel system. If it is mostly music, might as well stick with a couple of good speakers.

For a good two channel system, I would be looking at some Fluance Signature Towers or some RBH Impression towers. For a 2.1 system, check out a Hsu Hybrid 2.1 setup or a RSL 2.1 setup.

For a 3.1 system, you might look at some Pioneer SP bookshelf speakers and center, and pair those with this Hsu or RSL sub.

Yup.. I watch tons of movies and shows. Thank you for the suggestions.

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
If you are like my brother (who would rather spend $4K on a TV :D) and are not into a lot of bass and loud sound, then something like the mentioned RBH R55Ti towers would work. Just 2 speakers for simple 2.0 would be fine for most people who are not hardcore into movies. The bass of this tower is adequate for my brother, so it may be adequate for you.

https://rbhsound.com/r55ti.php
Eventually I will build a good home theater, when all stars align. :)
I have allocated a room for that. I love good sound, even though my knowledge in the area is very weak.

For now I am looking for living room setup.

I will probably go with suggestions Shady J made.

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
My cart is looking like this in Amazon. Are the cables right choice for the speakers?

Attachments

Phaneendra

Phaneendra

Enthusiast
That looks pretty good. What sub did you decide to go with?
Went with RSL Speedwoofer 10s.

There are too many connections in the back of the subwoofer. Where does the subwoofer cable go?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Went with RSL Speedwoofer 10s.

There are too many connections in the back of the subwoofer. Where does the subwoofer cable go?

Good choice.

Right where you see "LFE IN".

Your pic didn't work until I quoted you. Weird.

file.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis