Speakers for bathroom

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone recomend a small wall mounted speaker for a bathroom? I'm thinking I might need to get outdoor speakers becuase of the moisture from the shower? does anyone know if I need outdoor, or can I use regular indoor speakers?

The price range would be under $300 for the pair (but flexable if I need to spend more). Thanks in advance.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I'd think outdoor would be a must it would get very humid in their with the shower going, I know when I take a shower I crank up the heat and by the time I get out its like a sauna in there

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The safe bet would be an outdoor type speaker. I use the Paradigm Stylus 250 outside but the Stylus 150 would perform well and fit your budget.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
You might also look into speakers designed for marine use which would likely be quite waterproof.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Nobody has asked why a speaker is needed in the bathroom. Do you sing in the shower? If so, I would buy a small cheap boom box. Or you could do what I do and just crank the music from another room so it is audible in the shower. :D

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
If I had the extra cash to burn, I'd sure as heck put speakers in my bathroom. Because then I could have a SHOWER OF POWER with my TOWER OF POWER. Of course, I'd need to get a subwoofer in there too...hmm...plans...

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jaxvon said:
If I had the extra cash to burn, I'd sure as heck put speakers in my bathroom. Of course, I'd need to get a subwoofer in there too...hmm...plans...
....aaahh, yes, a front-firing hard-hitting sub for times of constipation....possibly 5 circling the throne.....I got some of those vibrator subs nailed on the outside walls of my outhouse....considering they make wasps and spiders go away, I'd say they are multi-purpose for an outhouse effort........why are some of you laughing?....huh??...talk to me, boys, talk to me........

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I called Sonance about this... Their normal in-ceiling speakers (or in-wall) will last for years with no problems. Their speakers are all designed for hot/cold/humid/dry conditions and should see no major issues.

I have installed at least 40 pairs of their speakers in bathrooms and have NEVER seen a pair fail.

I called them in my case because I have in-ceiling speakers on my front porch which is covered. So, no direct rain, but temperature swings from 0 - 100 degrees farenheit plus lots of humidity.

"No problem, should last you for years as long as pure water isn't running right onto the speaker."

Sounds to me like you shouldn't have any problems with any of the major speaker manufacturers products, or even some of the cheaper products.

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
wow you're my hero

All I know is... If you're willing to spend $300 on speakers for your bathroom... You are my hero!!! :)

And Mule... you just crazy! lol.

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Thanks guys

einsteinjb said:
All I know is... If you're willing to spend $300 on speakers for your bathroom... You are my hero!!! :)

And Mule... you just crazy! lol.
You've been very helpful. And the reason I'm putting speakers in the bathroom is very simple..It was an easy way to get wife to agree to wire the upstairs. If I put speakers in the rooms I want, she'll be able to listen to her crap in the bathroom as she gets ready.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis