Speakers, Etc Celestial Loudspeakers Phoenix, AZ

P

Phostenix

Audiophyte
I found this old catalog of speakers from a local boutique shop in Phoenix that is no longer around. The catalog is from the early 2000's. The company was called Speakers, Etc. The line of speakers was called Celestial Loudspeakers.

Thought someone here might remember these guys or find this interesting. :)

jbltmp

jbltmp

Audioholic
Interesting indeed. I lived in Phoenix from 1995-2000 and did alot of business with Spekers Etc. They were really good guys. One was named Marcelino but I can't remember the other fellow's name.
I had them build a pair of custom subs, and then matching 3-way full ranges, with Focal drivers. Also bought a Carver 350 wpc amp to run the subs. Awesome speakers at a ridiculously low price. I ended up selling the subs because I don't need subs where I'm at now, but still have the 3-ways. With a 13" woofer on the 3-ways they're old school design but I haven't heard anything better since, and I've heard alot.
I then bought a demo pair of their Oberons (1", 8" 2-way), again at a ridiculously low price, $400/pr. The cabinets alone are worth more than that.
Thanks for taking me back, and to Marcelino & co, if you happen to read this thread...hope you're still making speakers somewhere!

K

Kelso991

Audiophyte
Celestial made great speakers using Focal W cone woofers and the Focal TLR tweeter which was the top of the line Focal tweeter before the Focal beryllium tweeter came out.
Some people say the TLR tweeter was Focal's best tweeter.
Check out these Celestial speakers.
The first speakers use two 10 inch Focal W-cone woofers, Focal W-cone midranges and the Focal TLR tweeter.
The speakers below are nice looking monitors by Celestial.
They use the Focal 6 1/2 midbass and the Focal TLR tweeter.
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=speakers&m=328359

P

Phostenix

Audiophyte
I see the pics are no longer available.
I'll try to add them again.

Last edited:
V

vcrpro3

Audiophyte
I was at one of the former owners of Speakers, ETC. house yesterday listening to his personal set of the Celestial Altairs...very sweet sounds from those driven by his 250 wat Class A Pass amp..

R

raym

Audiophyte
I was at one of the former owners of Speakers, ETC. house yesterday listening to his personal set of the Celestial Altairs...very sweet sounds from those driven by his 250 wat Class A Pass amp..

R

raym

Audiophyte
Hi the proteus speakers I bought from Speakers etc back in April 1999, yes 21 years young are still rockin! Just noticed that one of the tweeters was not working. Apparently the crossover failed. Do you you where I can find a replacement? Please see pics. thanks, Ray

Attachments

R

raym

Audiophyte
Hi the proteus speakers I bought from Speakers etc back in April 1999, yes 21 years young are still rockin up til recently! Just noticed that one of the tweeters was not working. Apparently the crossover failed. Do you you where I can find a replacement? Please see pics. thanks, Ray

W

Wile.E One

Audiophyte
I’ve known the owners of Speakers Etc. Since 1981. I was building my first pair of speakers and one of the customers at the Auto Parts I worked at, when I met Marc. We became friends and when I needed drivers for my speakers Marc sent me to see Bill at another Speaker where Bill was a certified JBL tech. He sold me a compliment of Peerless drivers and they sounded great! As time went on the two Guys put their money into their Speaker shop.they started out selling their products under the name of Speakers Etc. I went by at least twice a month to visit and learn how speakers were made. As time went on they moved to a new location, re-formulated their business plan to include home theater. Near the end they designed and built some incredible speakers. Meanwhile, some 15 years after building my first pair of speakers they came out with a new design. It was available in two way and three way systems. I opted for the two ways, and made a deposit on the first ever production, serial number 3&4. Another customer talked them into giving him the numbers one and two. It was almost a year after I received mine that the other customer received his.
these guys were the best to work with, made speakers that rivaled those costing thousands more. They finally closed their doors when ear buds and iPhones took over the audio market, and what speakers were being made in China at prices so low that my friends closed their doors in the late 90’s.
note: my speakers called Sirius. These were previously called Aurora’s, they were warned not to use that name. Not only did Oldsmobile make a car with thst name, there was speculation that the SR 72 was given Aurora as its code name.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis