speaker tweeter replacement

G

<font color='#000000'>Have a pair of DCM model Qed speakers I bought used in early 80's. They have blown tweeters and I decided to replace them since they sat in a closet for nearly 10 years. They had good sound and they surprising are configured like many floor standing speakers sold today (though they were radical in their day). The problem I have is that I did not have owner's manual or original spec's for these speakers and do not know the crossover point used. These speakers use Philips drivers which were very common up to the early 90's but have been discontinued. Does anyone know about these speakers or know someone that might? I can pass on driver model numbers if people out there are informed on the Philips model line. So far many searches on the web have been fruitless. A last resort may be to draw out the crossover and try to figure out the x-over point. Does anyone know of a software or calculation that does that? I would hate to scap these guys because they represent a good opportunity to be improved by tweaking. Any suggestions are welcome.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>HI
I think if you go to this site and post your question on the forum or e-mail the company you may get the info you need
good luck
Ray
http://www.madisound.com/</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have been to this site before. Thanks for the tip, I will try it.

Brian</font>

A

audiolou

Audiophyte
tweeter replacement-- I have a set of DCM - QED's with blown woofers willing to sell ---- make an offer---- You are correct about these speakers , they are high quality and ahead of there time in both style and sound. please reply !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis