Speaker Suggestions

A

A Ferensis

Audiophyte
I am looking for a new pair of speakers.
My room is around 270 sq feet, acoustically designed by Northward acoustics, I really don't want to use a sub, and my budget is 100k for the pair.

I'd like some suggestions so I could go check them out.
I am not disappointed with my speakers right now (Acapella High Violoncello), I just want a second pair so I can change things up a bit.

Thanks,

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
My room is around 400 sq feet, I really don't want to use a sub, and my budget is 100k for the pair.

I'd like some suggestions so I could go check them out.
I am not disappointed with my speakers right now (Acapella High Violoncello), I just want a second pair so I can change things up a bit.

Thanks,
There can't be that many $100,000 speakers in your local area.

Go listen to them all.

A

A Ferensis

Audiophyte
There can't be that many $100,000 speakers in your local area.

Go listen to them all.
I don't wanna pay $100,000, but I will if I fall in love. I will by a $1000 stereo system if I fall in love. $100k is my top dollar.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
With a budget of up to $100,000, I'm pretty sure that nothing with a $1000 price tag would satisfy you. No matter what it sounds or looks like.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Revel
Kef
Dynaudio
Salk Sound
SoundField Audio

Happy hunting.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
my recommendation
polk audio
emp
emotiva
energy
axiom
deftech
arx,

P

pureiso

Junior Audioholic
With that budget, holy hell...

With that kind of money, I would get in touch with Danny Richie from GR Research, Paul and Dennis from Philharmonic, etc and just see what kind of custom magic they could work up for you.

Personally, with my extremely modest budget, I am keen to try out this: Super-V

Get some really nice, USA built cabinets from any number of custom cabinet makers, maybe Salk, etc.

These would also satify your idea of changing things up a bit due to it being an open baffle design, using a pro audio driver, and having four built-in open baffle, servo subwoofers.

You could probably have them auditioned in your house for shipping costs if you asked Danny...

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My room is around 270 sq feet, acoustically designed by Northward acoustics, I really don't want to use a sub, and my budget is 100k for the pair.
How high is the ceiling because that's really important. :D

I mean some $100K speakers might not fit. :eek:

I would check out the local dealers for Revel Salon2, KEF 207/2, & B&W 800D. Listen to as many brands as you can.

A

A Ferensis

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the suggestions.

My room is 15 feet high, just to clarify.
I am going to check out the B&W 800, B&W Nautilus, TAD CR1, and the Sonus Faber speakers this week.

Still would love some more suggestions though!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I am going to check out the B&W 800, B&W Nautilus, TAD CR1, and the Sonus Faber speakers this week.

Thiel CS3.7

ADAM Audio

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

15' ceiling is excellent.

Those speakers are a good start.

Any Revel, KEF, Dynaudio, Focal dealers around?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would not think about doing this without check out some Meridian DSP8000 series speakers. I heard the B&W 800 series A/B tested against DSP8000 speakers and the quality difference between the two was significant. It was truly unbelievable how much different the Meridians performed.

I'm not much of an audio guy, like my Monoprice 8" 3-way in-walls just fine, but I could clearly hear a different in that A/B test and it is one of the first times where I really felt like that there was a product that had done something to justify the price tag.

Just one of many good choices for sure, but be sure to bring your own demo material and be sure it hits the levels you expect with the quality you expect.

A

A Ferensis

Audiophyte
15' ceiling is excellent.

Those speakers are a good start.

Any Revel, KEF, Dynaudio, Focal dealers around?
I was also looking at the Focal Maestro Utopia.

Also, the Nola Baby Grand Reference Speakers are definitely something I want to try out.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Get the Infinity Primus p363 which are on sale at Fry's right now for $100 each!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis