Speaker Suggestions

J

jmoak

Audiophyte
Hey Guys!

I'm trying to piece together a 7.1 system.

Budget $1500
Room Size 18X21
80% Movies 20% Videogames

This is what I've come up with so far.

Receiver - Denon 791
Sub - HSU STF-2
L/R - Polk Monitor 60's
CC - CS1 (Can't fit CS2)
SR - Polk Monitor 30's or 40's

Can I do better with $1500 for a 7.1 setup? I can wait on the sub if needed but I would rather not. I understand it all comes down to what sounds good to me but I would still like to hear your opinions. So far I've only had a HTIB. So I'm sure anything I end up with will make me happy :) .

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'd get out to stores and compare the Polk Monitor 60 with a pair if Infinity Primus P362 and see which you like better. The matches for the P362 would be the PC350 enter and P162 bookshelves.

Other options might be an SVSounds 5.1 package deal built on a PB12-NSD. Or a pair of EMP E5Ti towers, and the matched center and surrounds backed by a PB12-NSD.

J

jmoak

Audiophyte
Thanks! I'll look into the Infinity Primus P362. The only problem is I dont think the PC350 will fit on my stand :-(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Primus will probably be better, but the deals on the Polk Monitors through NewEgg are just crazy right now. If you shop around you can find great deals on the Primus line as well.

J

jmoak

Audiophyte
So I was right, the PC350 is to big for my tv stand :-(. Any other suggestions before I hop on a polk 60/cs1/30 setup?

My main concern is Dialogue and I'm some what afraid of going with the CS1 over the CS2 but I don't have much of a choice :-(

L

leowiz

Audioholic Intern
I am looking for a similar setup (80% music and 20% TV). I thought I will reply so I can get more ideas.

Did you check out the Infinity Primus ?

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
As someone who used to own Polk rTI series speakers and purchased SVS-SCS speakers to replace them, I recommend spending more. The SVS speakers were noticeably better better sounding speakers and definitely fit into your budget.

If you do end up buying the Polk speakers, spend more on their center channel and make sure you don't buy a Polk subwoofer. For subwoofer, stick with SVS, HSU, eD, etc.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
So I was right, the PC350 is to big for my tv stand :-(. Any other suggestions before I hop on a polk 60/cs1/30 setup?

My main concern is Dialogue and I'm some what afraid of going with the CS1 over the CS2 but I don't have much of a choice :-(
Modify or replace your stand? And you post a picture?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I recommend NHT, Aperion, & Definitive Technology speakers.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis