RI404

RI404

Audiophyte
I have a budget audio receiver that can support a full surround sound speaker system. I recently purchased a home with outdoor speakers and I would like to set them up to play whatever is on the TV outside. I don't need this to occur all the time so I would like the ability to switch them on and off. I looked into multi room, multi input systems but have decided that I don't need that much.

In this case would a speaker selector switch meet my requirements? If so how difficult is this to set up? I have also read about an additional amp which may also be an option I could look into. I overloaded with research so any human advice would be highly appreciated.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
R1404, going to need a little more info.
What receiver do you have?
How many outdoor speakers?
Does your current receiver have a Zone 2?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like Zone 2 may be what you want. You can turn it on/off regardless of what you're doing with your main zone. You can select an input for Zone 2 independently of the input you select for your main zone. However, AVRs with a powered Zone 2 will take those (2) Zone 2 amps away from your main zone, (ex. turning your main zone from 7.1 to 5.1). I think most AVRs just use pre-outs for their Zone 2, which means you'll need a seperate amp(s) to power your Zone 2 speakers. Still, Zone 2 would give you the most flexibility for your outdoor speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis