Speaker Selector worked fine and now being selective :(

A

ap79

Audiophyte
Hey guys,

I'm a bit new to hooking up audio and loving the experience, but ran into a bit of a roadblock and don't know what to do.

I'm hooking up my home theatre to my Pioneer 1326 multi zone receiver.

Before hooking up my front speakers and sub, the first part of the project involves 4 pairs of ceiling speakers, so I picked up a speaker selector, hooked up the 16 inputs to the box and the 4 outputs to zone b on the receiver (last 4 outputs on the right) with 16 gauge rocketfish cable. When I tested it out the 4 zones were outputting fine from my PC over HDMI. Then it seemed to short, the receiver reset and I can't get any output to the ceiling speakers. I tested with an iPod directly to the receiver and the speakers are still working fine.

Any ideas on what I can be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Aron

A

ap79

Audiophyte
Quick update, I'm starting to think this may have to do more with my video card. I connected my digital cable box over HDMI to the receiver and sound is transfering fine to the speaker selector. It is just the computer that is not able to transmit the audio. Will keep digging around, appreciate any feedback/guidance.

Thanks,

Aron

A

ap79

Audiophyte
One more update, sorry for so many messages.

Cable box was hooked up to HDMI DVR/BDR (via HDMI)
Computer was hooked up to DVD (via HDMI)

When I connected Computer to DVR/BDR sound worked :(

Shouldn't all HDMI inputs on Pioneer 1326 recognize the audio stream in the same manner?

Thanks,

Aron

A

ap79

Audiophyte
Fixed it! Was the Surround Mode! Changed it on the receiver and is working fine now.

Hope my frustration helps someone else having the same issue.

Good night all

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis