L

lou zimmer

Audiophyte
I have recently purchased a used pair of MK85's inwall for my front speakers. Room size is 12'X16'. It is open to my kitchen (same size). Currently have them 80" apart (center to center of speakers) and 50" off the ground (to the bottom of the speaker). Left speaker has a wall to bounce off (32" to center of speaker). Right is open to kitchen, no wall. Center is MK95, rears are Bic acoustech 8C sub is BIC Acoustech PL200. Reciever is Yamaha RX-A1020. Wondering about optimal placement of speakers, read higher is better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lou Zimmer

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It's my understanding that you would like to have the tweeter's at the approximate height equal to your listening level. (i.e. GoldenEear Suggests 30" Stands for its Aon Seires to equal similar placement as a tower.) Treble is much more directional than bass, so this makes sense. This would lead me to believe that 50" to the bottom of the speaker would not be ideal unless its angled correctly.

Just as I have my center channel on my HT stand angled up to the right position to where I listen. I am curious what others might think on this subject.

V

vardo

Enthusiast
Agree, all speakers should be positioned so the tweeters are at ear level
when seated.

vardo

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis