Speaker choice/placement

R

RGSound

Audiophyte
Im new here and kinda new to the home audio world. My questions is. What speaker type will be the best for sound inside of my livingroom. It is square shaped with hardwood floors and I was looking into either in wall and in ceiling speakers or wall mounted. My fear is if I go with In ceiling speakers will it sound as good if I go with wall mounted. I do need to add that it will be a 70 inch sharp led and our furniture will be against back wall of living room. (sectionals) Im scared that I will end up haveing the sound above me instead of surrounding me. Ive heard people say to use in wall speakers for the front and ceneter then use in ceiling for the rest. Tv will be mounted above fireplace. Seperate room for audio equipment.Any recommendations on what to do or what brand of speaker to use. the room is fairly large so sattelites would be hard to use. looking at ruffly 600 sq foot room with 8 foot ceiling. No ceiling or walls right now so not a problem for wiring. Thanks for any help. Do apoligize if spelling errors. (typing from phone)

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
IMHO, I dont think you will get the sound you are looking for from a in wall speaker. Not that you would from say a floorstander etc..

wood floors are always challenging.

300exoh

Audioholic Intern
Not going to be easy with a square room either

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis