Speaker channel newby question

S

sea_70

Audiophyte
Hi Folks,
I have a Denon 4306 to power 10 speakers in my house, deck, guest room, etc. I have a speaker selector to turn outdoor and other room speakers on and off. Here's my dumb question: When listening to a CD or DVD, sound comes through ALL speakers. When listening to Radio, TV, Ipod, etc, I only get sound out of the 4 main room speakers. I believe 1 channel powers the 4 main room spkrs, and the second (zone 2) powers the rest. How do I get sound to all speakers when playing Radio, Ipod, etc? Is it just another wire? I know this has to have a simple answer. Thanks for any help!! Scott

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Well first off, you are using a 7.1 receiver to power a whole home audio system, which I would never recommend. Secondly, please explain further how you have the speaker selector and the zone 2 wired.

S

sea_70

Audiophyte
Thanks for the response, I'll have to go look at the wiring again and repost my question.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Zone 2 will not accept any signal that enters the receiver in the digital domain, thereby ruling out DVD and, if CD's are played in the same unit,CD's as well.

IF you want Cd's to play in zone 2, run a red/white analog interconnect from the back of the CD/DVD player to the receiver. It'll probably play DVD's as well but it will be using that same two channel analog link.

But, what you describe seems to be just the opposite. I'd like to know how all this is set up as well.

S

sea_70

Audiophyte
That's what I have now, CDs and DVDs do play in zone 2, but nothing else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis