Speaker cable config and cloth options?

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
I am looking to get some speaker cables and I was wondering what the optimal combination is... Spade-banana, spade-spade, banana-banana... ?

And, I usually order my cables from BlueJeans. Do they have a cloth wrapped option? Can I DIY?

Thanks guys.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
define "optimal". Generally it's whatever you need to connect you amp to your speakers but if you really want to be technical, bare wire is the best.

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
I am good with bare wire.

The wifey already said something about noticing the (typical regular) speaker wire laying on floor. Her way of saying "better fix that!" Lol.

Anyhow was thinking some nice cloth covered wires with fancy ends might be a good for a change. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"Nice looking" wires don't add any benefit, except if the wife approves them as acceptable. Sound wise, no difference :)

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
"Nice looking" wires don't add any benefit, except if the wife approves them as acceptable. Sound wise, no difference :)
If they look good and I get the stamp of approval no one will ask when I sneak in new gear.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I love speaker wire.

I have done some DIY that looked good and I have purchased some that I really love.

Don't listen to these guys, as an Audioholic you have to have a minimum of 10 AWG wire and it has to be Bi-amped just to PO people. Does it do anything? Heck no but when non-Audioholics come over they love it.

All that being said, my favorite wires are posted below and were like $28. I love the looks of them across my hardwoods.

Alex also gave me the blue ones which are used on my brother-in -law"s system. They look cool too.

If you search around, you will find a lot of really good looking DIY cables that you can build for dirt cheap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis