Speaker and interconnect cable recomendations

SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Audiophyte
I have been putting together my home theater setup and have purchased the following items:

OPPO BDP105D
NAD M27
PSB Synchrony One speakers (Front, Center, B's and S's)

My primary use is for Movies, and CD's. I will also connect a SONOS into the 105D for streaming.

My next step is the wiring. Given the breadth of knowledge here in the forum, what would be good speaker cable, and interconnect (RCA/RCA) cable. My setup is basic with the OPPO/NAD in the center front below the Center speaker. Front speakers R/L are about 4 feet to either side. Rears have about 18 foot run each while the surrounds about 23 foot run each.

This is what I have narrowed it down to:

Interconnect-
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1
AudioQuest - Black Mamba II
Kimber Kable - Hero or Timbre

Speakers-
Kimber Kable - 8 or 12TC
AudioQuest - Type 8
Belden 5000

Or something else I do not know of that would work well?
Any suggestions or feedback on the cable selection(s)?

Alex

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I would go with the Blue Jeans interconnects and the Belden 5000 speaker wire (12AWG). Everything else is "snake oil" puffery.

I

Irishman

Audioholic
I have been putting together my home theater setup and have purchased the following items:

OPPO BDP105D
NAD M27
PSB Synchrony One speakers (Front, Center, B's and S's)

My primary use is for Movies, and CD's. I will also connect a SONOS into the 105D for streaming.

My next step is the wiring. Given the breadth of knowledge here in the forum, what would be good speaker cable, and interconnect (RCA/RCA) cable. My setup is basic with the OPPO/NAD in the center front below the Center speaker. Front speakers R/L are about 4 feet to either side. Rears have about 18 foot run each while the surrounds about 23 foot run each.

This is what I have narrowed it down to:

Interconnect-
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1
AudioQuest - Black Mamba II
Kimber Kable - Hero or Timbre

Speakers-
Kimber Kable - 8 or 12TC
AudioQuest - Type 8
Belden 5000

Or something else I do not know of that would work well?
Any suggestions or feedback on the cable selection(s)?

Alex
One word - Monoprice

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis