Speaker / Amp recommendations for 1500 sqft room with huge (30ft) ceiling

todd morrill

todd morrill

Audiophyte
Greetings,

I have been enjoying very much my home setup which is a rotel 1056 amp paired with b&w 602s. This works pretty well for my 250sqft living room space.

I would like a similar sound, with a subwoofer for a big open warehouse space that I have.

The space is basically 3 different rooms each room is 1500 sqft. I would like to think of each space as a module, with its own amps and speakers. Its a club, so filled with people.

What would you all recommend for recreating my lovely living room experience in such a large space? THe ceiling btw is 30feet high.......

I know that acoustics are a fine point, but I would love to get an idea so I can start planning budget. I would love to pick up used gear, for cost / value optimation.

Looking forward to your replies, would also be open to paying someone to help me really plan this, if anyone has a recommendation for someone who does professional club installs, with the capacity to think used and stretch budgets....

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Your goals may qualify as wishful thinking. For starters, don’t even think about using home audio gear in a club. It won’t hold up.

QSC’s active speakers have a reputation for sounding great. However, you probably aren’t going to find any pro speakers that you can afford that will sound as good as your B&Ws (that’s the “wishful thinking” part). And – don’t know what kind of sub you’re using, but again, you aren’t going to find any with high output that get any appreciable output below 30-40 Hz. Fortunately that’s good enough for most music.

Hard to recommend anything else without knowing what your budget is...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

L

Lee Batchelor

Junior Audioholic
Agreed with Wayne. You're dealing with apples and oranges here. You're setting up three club rooms in one building? Using heavy commercial gear will require sound separation too. You don't want one room playing a nice modern and slow "belt buckle shiner" tune, while the room next door plays a modern, thump, thump, thump piece of crap so often heard today. (Sorry, that last comment is a product of my age and the semi-pro musician in me :rolleyes:.)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
It's is difficult to formulate an intelligent reply without a budget target.

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors with included Crown dsp enabled amps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis