Spatial enhancement software for headphones

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
Hi.

Could someone recommend a free headphone spatial enhancement program?

Thank you.

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
Is it that I badly worded my post? Or does no one know of any programs that make headphones sound more spacious? Or like loudspeakers?

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Hi.

Could someone recommend a free headphone spatial enhancement program?

Thank you.
What source component are you using? I ASSume you are talking about a computer because you are asking about a program to enhance the sound.

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
The source component is a computer. I just want them to sound more like loudspeakers.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Your sound card may support SRS Wow or Dolby Headphone or other algorithms to make 2 channel sound like surround. Is that what you mean by 'spatial enhancement'?

A headphone pre-amp won't do anything but make things louder so I don't think that is what you are asking about.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
agreed about louder, but can also be an inprovement on sound quality froma pc sound card. just a thought

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
agreed about louder, but can also be an inprovement on sound quality froma pc sound card. just a thought
LOL, not likely.:D

A headphone amplifier isn't going to make the source sound any different. The Sony MDR-7506 are pretty easy to drive as well, so the amplifier isn't necessary.

T

Twexcom

Audioholic
Seth, maybe he is trying to say that they're being underpowered.

My mother didn't get an amplifier for her Sennheiser headphones, and they sound awful like that, I could barely hear any bass, but I could hear the mids best, when I connected them to the headphone jack on my computer speakers, they sounded much better, and I could hear everything properly.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
im zipping it as i am sinking fast:D

some of the products have crossfeed feature which some my find to relate the sound to other speakers, although im not personally privey to this.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis