Southwest Airlines really screwed up

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
So this week Southwest Airlines runs a big low fare sale targeting certain routes. The response was very good, apparently, as it knocked down Southwest's web site for the entire week, so far. No problem says Southwest, just use the phone lines. I gave up twice after being on hold for 40+ minutes. Not that I wanted to take advantage of the sale; on the routes I fly there's never a sale. The really silly part is that not only did the sale knock down the Southwest web site for the whole week, but they also took down all support for phone apps. You actually have to print a boarding pass to get on the plane. Do they think this is the 20th century? You can still check in on a web browser to print the board pass. What an amazing week-long screw-up. I feel sorry for all Southwest customers, and especially their employees, for having to put up what must be exasperation on the part of many passengers. The CIO should resign immediately. His systems couldn't even handle a fare sale. The incompetency of the airline industry WRT customer service never ceases to amaze me.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The "funny" thing is that SW is typically the best for customer service! I guess it's not too tough considering the competition. I will certainly never fly Delta again.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
They must have read my rant, because the web site is back up, and I am able to get a boarding pass on my phone.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis