Sound cutting in & out...

P

Patrick

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>A few months ago my speakers started cutting in and out at low volumes. &nbsp;It's very noticable at the end of a song or during dialog of a DVD movie. &nbsp;I thought I had narrowed it down to my amp so I took it back to the store I bought it from and they said there was nothing wrong with it. &nbsp;They mentioned the only thing they could do was send it to the manufacturer and let them take a look at it. &nbsp;The amp is a Parasound HCA-1205A. &nbsp;I've had it for about 4 yrs.
&nbsp;I'm driving the amp with the Sony TAE-9000ES preamp. &nbsp;I've also read somewhere that someone had a problem with static while using this preamp. &nbsp;But I don't think it's my preamp because I've hooked up my CD player directly to my amp and the problem still exists. &nbsp;I've also hooked my tuner directly to the amp to make sure it's source independent.
&nbsp;Anyone have any ideas or heard of any problems with this amp?

&nbsp;Thanx for any inputs.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>And you are sure there is nothing wrong with your speakers? The reason I say this is becasue, recently, my center speaker tweeter blew and my amp started shutting off at high volume scenes. As usual, I suspected the amp first and made sure that it wasnt overheating or there were no loose connections. After going through a wild goose chase I discovered that my tweeters on the center speakers had shorted out and was causing the shut down so if I were you, I would check all the speakers thoroughly before blaming the amp or pre amp.</font>

P

Patrick

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm pretty sure it's not the speakers. &nbsp;I dragged the amp to my brothers place and hooked it upto his speakers and the same problem occured. &nbsp;I hooked his receiver upto my amp. &nbsp;By doing this I think I ruled out my preamp. &nbsp;
&nbsp;I then drove my speakers directly from my brothers receiver and it sounded great... no problems.
&nbsp;Another thing, this problem is occuring on my two main speakers and my center channel which are different speakers. &nbsp;The main L &amp; R speakers are Paradigm Studio 100's and the center channel is the Studio CC.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis