D

DB boy

Enthusiast
I posted this in another spot but no one was responding, so I'm trying here to see if I get any responses.

I am finishing my ht room and have a question as to if to put up sound control panels on the wall. The dimensions of the room are 14'x17' with two openings one in the back and one on the side. I am thinking of adding some sound control to the room and need some advice as to what I can do. Has anyone used the wall panels? I have seen a few sites that sell the wall panels but I am wondering if it would be easy to do the same thing on my own. If you have built your own before, what materials have you used and what results have you gotten from putting them up. Thanks for any advice.

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Making DIY panels is very easy to do. And yes, they're absolutely worth the effort.

Understand that you'll not only need reflection control on the side walls but also bass control from thicker panels in the corners.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Acoustical treatments

The fiberglass pannels are a good idea, but consider the current acoustics of your room before making changes. Walk around the room, clapping loudly. If you hear a lot of echos than that is a bad sign.

Furniture and construction materials can make a big difference. Carpet or rugs on the floor, bookcases, couches with fluffy pillows, heavy drapes, etc.

If you have already done these things than pannels are the next step. Since it requires large treatments to accound for bass modes in your room, experiment with sub placement or consider a sub with a built in EQ to help correct the low frequencies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis